MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 11th, 2002, 06:22 PM

Unhappy setcooperative level

Hi. Am new to MTU. Just purchased Microstudio 2.314, however, got various errors given I'm using Windows XP Professional. Got through most errors, except 1) "SetCooperativeLevel" error and 2) Microstudio Error Create Surfact (4) Failed". I've emailed assitance regarding #2. However, was wondering if anyone could assist on #1.

Computer:
Processor: AMD Athlon MP Procession 1800+
Memory: 1024 MB RAM
DirectX 8.1
Monitor: KDS
Video Card: ATI Radeon 8500DV.
Window XP Professional

According to the video card, the resolution does not go down to 320x240. However, I read somewhere else that this does not mean that the video card must be set at 320x240. I'm not sure how to change the display to ful-screen. Also heard, that most video cards now do not go to 320-240 either. I really do not want to change video cards as the Radeon is being used for video editing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 20th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Karen,
SetCooperative Level is a directX error message that indicates the computer is not able to change to full screen exclusive mode with the resolution set to 320 x 240. This mode is set when the Play button is clicked in Microstudio.

There is another post here about this at: Direct-X error messages, but you have probably already read it.

We are rewriting the karaoke player code used by the Play Tab. This will use the computer's default display resolution, no longer requiring the 320x200 resolution. For now, with your display card there probably is nothing you can do to play, or prevent seeing this message.

It will be a number of months before we have the upgrade. It is being written for Hoster, and then will be ported into Microstudio and Karaoke Home Producer. Watch the News page for an announcement. This is something we will make clear when we are approaching releasing it.
Old April 19th, 2002, 05:06 AM

Well Karen,

I'm in the same boat. ALL ABOARD!!

Here's my situation. I have a similar system, 1800 AMD with a 32
meg video card from ATI -Radeon VE- with a SOYO Dragon motherboard-256 DDR memory, Soundblaster Live! Gold.
I have a TDK 24/10/40 cdr drive, but luckily my better half had an old-school 8/4/32 Plextor that I switched out.
I got the same message about 320X240. So I looked up a thread
in the Forum that was on the 'same page', read the reply for the problem, and fell out of my chair. (Not out of humor, mind you)
So.... the answer is.... I should own a computer that is 5 years older than what I currently own and all is well????
And whomever is fixing the problem won't be getting 'aound to it' for a half a year or more???????
Are you kidding?????

Isn't this like a......... Major problemo???? Hello!!!

Neal