MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 10th, 2002, 03:44 PM

Question No Play

I RECENTLY HAD A NEW CD-ROM AND WRITER INSTALLED. NOW MICROSTUDIO WILL NOT REGONIZE EITHER. PLEASE POST INSTRUCTIONS FOR REINSTALLING MICROSTUDIO. I THINK THAT'S WHAT I NEED TO DO.
Old February 10th, 2002, 04:12 PM

Can you give us the name of the non existant CD-Rom and CD Writer. Also please let us know your system specs and also what version of Direct X you have installed.

We may be able to help you after we know your details.
Old February 10th, 2002, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Uh... read the manual yet?

TKELLY64, our full installation instructions are in the manual. You should be able to read it without Microstudio locating your drive. If not, you can also find the Instructions on our web site.
Old February 12th, 2002, 03:14 AM

NO PLAY FOLLOW-UP

TO ADMIN--------NOT EVERYONE OF US SITS IN FRONT OF THEIR COMPUTERS 24 HOURS A DAY SO NO I DID NOT READ THE MANUAL. BUT WHEN I DID READ IT JUST NOW I FOUND OUT THAT SOME CDRS DO NOT SUPPORT CDGS---SOMETHING I DID NOT KNOW. BUT THEN AGAIN, WHY SHOULD I KNOW THAT.

TO B.CORR------THE NEW DRIVES ARE AS FOLLOWS AND THANKS FOR YOUR HELP HITACHI DVD ROM GD2500---
LITE-ON LTR12102B-------HOPE THAT HELPS
Old February 14th, 2002, 02:05 PM

LIST OF CD DRIVES MICROSTUDIO RECOGNISES

At the bottom of the page http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaokecdr.htm there is a list of compatible CD Drives. This info was found on the Microstudio/ CDG Recorder Notes page - There are three links at the bottom which tell you all the CDG compatible drives.
Old February 14th, 2002, 02:32 PM

MIGHT ADD ALSO THAT JUST BECAUSE A DRIVE MAY BE CDG COMPATABLE DOESN'T NECESSARILY GUARANTEE IT WILL WORK. MTU CLAIMS QUITE AN ALARMING REJECT RATE ON MANY DRIVES THEY HAVE TESTED THAT CLAIM CDG COMPATABILITY. TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION IN YOUR SECOND POST THERE IS NO WAY ANY OF US KNEW GOING IN THAT OUR DRIVES WOULD WORK UNLESS WE PURCHASED A MTU CERTIFIED DRIVE. I GOT BURNED MY FIRST GO AROUND WITH AN ACER THAT THEY WOULD NOT MAKE RIGHT BECAUSE THEY CLAIMED "KARAOKE" CAPABILITY. WHEN ONE THINKS KARAOKE ONE THINKS CDG. NOT ALWAYS THE CASE I FOUND OUT. ACER SUPPORTS VCD WHICH IS A DIFFERENT KARAOKE FORMAT. THEY SAID THEY WERE "TECHNICALLY LEGAL"
AND WOULD DO NOTHING ABOUT IT EVEN AFTER I POINTED OUT TO THEM THEY WERE PLAYING ON WORDS AND HIDING BEHIND THE BROAD TERM "KARAOKE" EVEN THOUGH MOST KARAOKE ENTHUSIASTS THOUGHT IN TERMS OF CDG.
MTU CERTIFIES THEIR DRIVES BECAUSE THEY TEST THEM, AND THAT'S WORTH THE PRICE TAG.

TAKE CARE,

GEORGE