MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 24th, 2003, 01:01 PM

Exclamation No audio during Playback

I just got version 2.506 and it works great except during "Play", there is no sound at all. I had tried the 2.508 demo but it didn't support my older Sony CDRW; its "Play" function worked just fine though (on files I had previously recorded to my hard drive). This leads me to believe it's not a problem with my computer, but either a problem or settting in the program. Nothing in the troubleshooting section of the manual, or in any of the menus that I could find. I've seen one or two mentions of "Mute" in other forums, but no information. Any ideas how to resolve this problem? Thanks.
Old October 24th, 2003, 01:40 PM

Some Suggestions

Do you know how to access the Volume Control that windows uses? I'm not sure if you have isolated this set of controls. The wave control (even if playing from a cd) must not be muted and must have some volume to it. (If you don't have a wave control-these controls are usually mandated by your sound card-then look for a control that says "direct", or "computer sound". In other words, the computer is playing the song, not just passing it along to the sound card.)

If all this is in good order, are you trying to run any programs while playing the songs. This will spell disaster as Microstudio does not allow doing work and playing songs at the same time.

I'm trying to take into account your previous success.

Are you still only trying to play cdg files on your Hard-drive?
Have you re-installed the old version with the same success?

Good Luck
Old October 24th, 2003, 02:29 PM

audio not working on playback

None of my computer settings have changed since trying the 2.508 demo, uninstalling it, and installing 2.506 - sound worked fine on 2.508, but not on 2.506. All of this was tested playing a .cdg file from hard drive (2.508 wouldn't read my CDRW, so playing from a CD directly wasn't an option). Nothing is running but Microstudio. I don't have an old version to go back to - just purchased this software (requested version 2.506 rather than 2.508 because of the CDRW support).
Old October 24th, 2003, 04:40 PM

Please make sure that you have uninstalled the demo, and then uninstall Microstudio also. Reboot the computer, and then try to reinstall the Microstudio 2.506 software.

There was nothing that was changed in the 2.506 to the 2.508 play code that I am aware of.
Old October 27th, 2003, 11:10 PM

Talking problem fixed - thanks

I had uninstalled the demo before installing the full version, but don't know if I rebooted in between or not. Tried it all again and worked fine this time. Thanks.