MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old October 20th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Administrator

This thread is closed

jlmer, the answers given here are more than sufficient to meet your needs. You don't need to waste our time further. George's last post is the only option you have at this point that MIGHT get your drive working: download the latest drivers for your HP. If you had
read our CDR page, you would have seen warnings that we DO NOT recommend any drives other than what we sell.

At the lower middle of the page we specifically list 4 catagories of how drives will perform with CDG discs; Professional, Undesirable, Not Usable, Total Failure. You bought a Total Failure drive elsewhere... NOT from MTU. That was your choice. You have no right to come and imply or insult our products, and our sincere customers have been trying to tell you that.

We have sold CDR drives for 11 years. Some customers have come to us who bought as many at SIX (6) CDR drives that would NOT recognize CDG Karaoke fornat discs. This was done before they found MTU and purchased a CDG Certified CDR drive that performs exactly as we claim.

We have ALWAYS given stern warnings about buying a drive elsewhere. You say we should have said this... you did not read it! Here is a quote from our CDR page: Many drives that "claim" to support the karaoke format do not! Since 1992, we reject between 10% and 100% that do not write a professional copy. If you buy elsewhere it will operate in one of the modes indicated below:

Our Microstudio page clearly has a WARNING about buying drives elsewhere. Why? Your experience is a good example of what can happen if you do.

We have a free demo of Microstudio you could have download and used to prove your drive would or would not work. If you had followed our recommendations, you would be happily backing up your CDG discs. I am sorry you didn't, but that is your choice, not our mistake.

jlmer, in checking our records for when you purchased Microstudio 2.400, I don't find that you have ever purchased from MTU. Do you have a bootleg copy of Microstudio from your friend? As ADMIN of these Forums, I only have your registered email address. If you wish to send me a Private Message (click the PM button below my post here), you can tell me any part of your identity that will help me locate your orders. I will then come and edit my post so it does not reflect negatively on you. You will find MTU a fair company in all our dealings.

In closing, if you want help from a community of qualified and willing users, come into our Forums with a seeking attitude, not an insulting one. You will find the same folks who have come down on you to be some of the nicest we have helping in our Forums. If you want a CDR drive that we GUARANTEE will read and write the CDG discs, buy our $109 IDE 52x drive. It is the fastest ever made for backing up CDG discs.

I have now closed this thread.

P.S.: As to CNET, George and many of our longer standing customers have in FACT seen competitors "stuff the ballot box" at CNET with pure lies about our products AND our superior support. It is a fact of life... many people steal, and many people lie to discredit a superior product. Live with it.... we do every day.