MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 29th, 2024, 09:38 AM

Unhappy Songs Not Playing

25 minutes left in my show last night, Hoster would not play songs when hitting the play button. I closed Hoster and re opened and still it wouldn\\\'t play. I even rebooted the laptop and still no go. I am working on it this morning and still no luck. I have some saved *.hst files and they work fine with songs I have saved for solo performances, However when trying to add any of my saved singers or myself to a current *.hst file clicking on the Green play button, nothing happens. Before I go and uninstall and reload Hoster can anyone tell me what the problem may be. Needing back up and running soon!
Thank you!

UPDATE! Putting in a separate song does play. However adding any singers song from singers saved song list will not play. Also adding a new singer to the data base works as well.

Last edited by kedmison; June 29th, 2024 at 10:07 AM.
Old June 29th, 2024, 10:01 AM

Re: Songs Not Playing

UPDATE! Putting in a separate song does play. However adding any singers song from singers saved song list will not play.
Old June 30th, 2024, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Have you tried the Refresh DB yellow button in the singers songs list?
Do the songs from the singers songs list load into the playlist and not show any errors?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 30th, 2024, 11:59 AM

Thanks for the reply Roy. I\'m still not sure what the problem was. I ended up uninstalling Hoster and reinstalled and all is working now. Songs from OLD saved playlist that I had made played fine. Singers from my data base would enter and show, but just would not play. I looked also in windows for any errors mentioning Hoster and could not find any. I\'ve had Hoster now for over 20 years. Never have had this happen before. It was a very busy night Friday. Not saying in the hustle it was something I had \"checked\" and shouldn\'t have. But we are back up and running. Just wish I could have pinned down the problem. Anytime after putting in new songs into Hoster I always make a back up file and save to my Desk Top. The first thing I thought of was that the singers data base may have been corrupted. So I copied the saved singers data to the existing. That didn\'t work either. But as I said, back up and running and again Thank you!

Kelly
Old June 30th, 2024, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Gremlins
Glad to hear your up and running again.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.