MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 13th, 2003, 07:43 AM

Question TV Card or VGA Convertor Box ?

I would like your comments on either getting a TV card for my computer or a VGA convertor box. I want to be able to play Microstudio karaoke files on my computer and have multiple windows open, and then I want an output to go to a regular tv. One thing I do want in the setup is the ability to have multiple windows opened up on my desktop on the computer, but the TV screen would only show the karaoke song playing. I thought that the convertor box may be an advantage because then I could use it other places. But I didn't know if the convertor box would give me the ability to only see the karaoke on the TV because it seems like it would just show on the tv, exactly what is showing up on your computer screen?

Thanks for all replies.

Paul
Old May 13th, 2003, 11:25 AM

Paul,
This decision is going to be up to you. What I would do is only use a Video card that supports the TV out such as the ATI Radeon 9000. This is the video card that we recommend.

For the Dual Display to correctly work 100% in your Operating system, you must have Windows XP Professional. Windows XP Home can also do, I think what you are wanting to do. It will just strecth your display to the TV monitor.

I have never used one of these VGA converters, and really don't know if it would work correctly or not with Microstudio.
Old May 13th, 2003, 12:30 PM

Thanks Bryan. I'll check out the ATI Radeon 9000 card.

Paul
Old May 13th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Honor Roll

I use a VGA scan converter on my laptop, works very well...I can then connect hoster to the inhouse video.

I use the AverKey iMicro
4th one on list
http://www.aver.com/products/comptv.shtml

Connects to the monitor port on the laptop then > composite > a/v switch > RF converter > inhouse TVs

If you have to option of dual display the scan converter will work fine, if not it will just display what you have on your sceen I believe.

But if you need to get a vid card that supports dual display, might as well get one that has TV out as well.

Flip