MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 26th, 2003, 08:34 PM

New Problem

Have been running 2.400 on windows xp with DirectX8.1 and all the ASPI Driver Downloads intact. I have had no problems since getting the "Bugs Out" I have not burned anything for 2-3 weeks and tried today to use the Duplicate feature.

It will read and save songs to hard drive, prompt me to put a disc in, it will begin burning songs and get about half way through the disc and stop functioning. I can't terminate the operation, I cant open the player, I must ctrl+alt+del to terminate the program, only then I can retrieve the disc. It does not seem to matter what source disk I use SC, SGB, or Pocket Songs it happens to all.

When I do get the disk out It has burned every song just prior to stopping. I can replay them and they work just fine. But trying to click on any number past where it stopped ( they show up on the track display when the disk is read) there are no tracks that play, I'm stuck in that mode and I cant get myself out unless I ctrl+alt+del out of it.

Any Ideas on what may be wrong
Old March 26th, 2003, 09:20 PM

Just updated to directx9.0 to eliminate this potential problem. I do not get any error messages on this problem. It just stops burning in the middle of a track.
Old March 26th, 2003, 09:41 PM

Flipper,

Take a look at these posts and see if your problem is similar:

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1935

Jon
Old March 27th, 2003, 01:48 PM

Flipper,
Have you tried installing the ASPI drivers as stated at: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=493

Please try solution #2 to see if this will fix the problem. When you are burning a disc, the only drivers that it uses are the ASPI drivers. These are not used when it does the reading, so the read should work fine if these are giving you a problem.

Let me know what you find.
Old March 27th, 2003, 03:44 PM

Brian - I installed the drivers under solution#2 confirmed that they were in fact working. In microstudio I changed driver designation to default and closed out, then went back in.

Now microstudio will not read or detect any drives. So I went back and reset drivers to microstudio installed and they are detectable.

Not sure where to go from here.

Scott
Old March 27th, 2003, 04:46 PM

Try it again

Flipper,

Try to redo what was causing the problems in the first place. Only then you would know if your problems have been fixed!

Regards

Jon
Old March 27th, 2003, 05:19 PM

Jon

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me.
Old March 27th, 2003, 05:58 PM

Quote:
It will read and save songs to hard drive, prompt me to put a disc in, it will begin burning songs and get about half way through the disc and stop functioning. I can't terminate the operation

Have you tried doing this again?

Jon
Old March 27th, 2003, 06:37 PM

Yes I have tried this again and it still is doing the same thing.

I tried brians suggestion with regards to adaptec driver downloads to try to solve the problem. But it does not work either.

Im sure there is a logical solution to the problem

Scott
Old April 7th, 2003, 11:41 AM

This was eventually fixed with the Adaptec Drivers from solution #2.
Old April 29th, 2003, 11:36 PM

I was in my local Best Buy Store and explained my problem to a technician and he immediately pinpointed my problem regarding my previous posts.

I told him about Microstudio importing the CDG files, then in the middle of the burning phase it would stop burning with 3 or 4 tracks to go, would lock up and I would have to Ctrl,Alt,Del to even close the program.

Turns out My Plextor External 40/12/40U burner purchased from MTU was a USB 2.0 burner. My computer which was only 6 months old was USB 1.0 It was causing buffer overrun which I nor anyone in MTU Support even thought of.

I installed a USB 2.0 Card and Driver and Bingo it solved the problem. Just thought that I would post my solution for others experiencing similar problems. Turns out that USB 1 burner will work in USB 2 system with no problems, but a USB 2 burner will not run efficiently in a USB 1 system.

Wow what a difference it only took 3min to burn 15 songs.

A $40 card and 15 minutes and I was back in business.

Hope this will help!!

Scott