MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 1st, 2003, 10:45 PM

Unhappy read time to slow on plextor 40/12/40a

no matter what I do my plextor seems to extract my cd-g slowly but will burn at 40 x. I have set the read at 40 and auto select but it seems to not change?what can I do to extract my cd-g faster?thanks rob
Old April 2nd, 2003, 01:28 AM

Question

Rob,

How about telling us your computer configuration, such as: operating system, CPU speed, RAM, Etc.

Slow? Does it take 4 minutes, 10, 20, more than 30?

We need specific information so we try to determine where the problem may lie.

How about that info?

Thank you,

Jon
Old April 2nd, 2003, 11:09 AM
Frequent Member

robmirror........

1. I have both Plextor and Yamaha CD-RW's
2. And have several models of each.
3. My Yamaha's do support CD+G reading and writing, but many of the new Yamaha's no longer read or write CD+G correctly.
4. In many tests that I have performed I have always found that Yamaha Drives Read CD+G faster than Plextor, for the same given Read Speed and
5. Plextor Drivers Write CD+G faster than Yamaha, for the same given Write Speed.
6.I have taken ADVANTAGE of this difference by using the Yamaha to Read the CD+G and the Plextor to Write the CD+G "On The Fly", available in some software programs. With a 40X Read and an 24X Write and MTU's Silver Media, I can copy a CD+G in under 3 minutes with no ruined discs.
7. Always make sure your Plextor firmware is the current version.
8. Make sure you ASPI Layer is correct for your Operating System and Software you are using.
9.Go to Control / Alt / Delete and "End" all TSR programs running in the background, except "Explorer" and "Systray" before you start burning.
10. While burning copies, do not access anyother programs on your computer, including e-mails or internet searches.
Old April 2nd, 2003, 12:29 PM

Question read too slow

I have a pen.3 - 1 gig. 512 meg of ram. windows 98 se. 80 gig hd 7200 rpm.It seems no matter what i do it read my plextor 401240a reads cd-g at 2 or 4 x.MY plextor writes fast.
I also have 2 sony 140 e but would get weird artifacts in the graphix but it would extract really fast. should i get another burner to read my cd-g faster and use the pextor to write?If so where would a good place be to get one without having to sell my soul ... : )
thanks rOB
Old April 2nd, 2003, 01:26 PM
Frequent Member

robmirror........

1. The Sony 140E will read the graphics correctly......if it really is a 140E.......PLEASE CHECK (in the front of the unit you should see a logo that says "MultiRead".

2. PULL OUT THE SONY 140E CD-RW AND LOOK AT THE LABEL "on the drive' AND MAKE SURE THE LABEL FROM THE FACTORY SAYS 140E SONY.

IF IT DOESN'T WILL WILL BE AN "OEM" VERSION....WHICH WILL NOT READ CD+G CORRECTLY.

3. Also go to: My Computer, Device Manager, Select CDRom, Click on Plextor, Properties, Settings and check for the following:
1. Disconnect is checked
2. Sync data transfer is checked
3. Auto insert notification is un-checked
4. DMA is checked

4. Do this for the Sony Drivers also....