MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 16th, 2003, 01:42 PM

Question Compatable .cdg Drive LIST ? ? ? ?

HI ALL: Just got a new computer' the CD-DVD-RW drive that I have is a "NEC ND-1100A". Microstudio won't recognize it as .cdg compatable..... Would you publish a list of the ten most popular drives available ? ? ? ? (with your recommendations on which is BEST) P.S. I've got a DELL computer & if they have any compatable drives "THAT" would be KEWL ! ! ! ! (as I could have them help me)
Old February 16th, 2003, 02:38 PM

The ten most compatable are the last ten models by Plextor, they seem to do the best on the subchannel where the graphics are hiding.
You can get one from MTU that has been tested, and certified to CD+G backups or get one from your local computer store that has not been tested, and may or may not get you good backups...

Jim

FYI here is a link to the list of supported burners that are supported by Microstudio, go to the very bottom of the linked page:

http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaokecdr.htm
Old February 17th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Administrator

For the record!

MTU never recommends any drive that we do not sell. We buy drives, test them, upgrade the Flash BIOS as it can be 1.5 years old and not run with the current Windows versions, and then... we ship them to our customers.

If you buy a drive from MTU, you know it will work. If you buy the same model drive elsewhere, it MAY work, but we have significant complaints to know that they WON'T always work as an MTU drive does.