MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:42 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnkarl View Post
Well, I have told only one singer that he can't sing anymore...I don't care if he is a paying customer. This particular guy (I think he is also mentally challenged) eats all the free popcorn he can, and spits abnormally into the mic (popcorn and all). I have recently bought an extra set of mics for these people and put foam on it...told him to leave it on but he takes it off anyway and laughs about it. told him again and again to knock it off so he then sticks the mic in front of the speakers and thinks the feedback is funny......HE IS DONE......I don't care if he is slow or not, the grossest thing is to pick up a sloppy popcorn splattered mic.
That's fair enough but you didn't bar the guy simply because he was a crap singer, you got rid of him because of his behaviour on stage and I totally agree with that. I have some simple guidelines at my gigs.

1. No swearing or obscene langueage over the mics (altho that's hard.
to uphold if they're singing a Pink song)
2. No drinks or drunks on stage.
3. Don't abuse the gear (that includes tapping heavily or spitting on the mics or swinging them around.

They also have to abide by the way I run the rotation.

I love the job because I love to sing myself but even more so when everything runs along smoothly without hassles.

I've gotta admit I enjoy it most when the talent is great.