MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 10th, 2006, 11:31 AM

Slim Line CD-Rom ( I THINK )

I purchased a slim-line cd-rom about a month ago, I had a small problem getting it installed on a Toshiba A105 Satellite Series, w/Windows XP Home SP2 but worked that out... got it installed and worked fine..At that time I purchased Hoster, which installed fine ,and I began loading CDG's. Loaded 300 or so disc slow speed (6x) and they installed fine,then I started hearing the CD-Rom Drive start speeding up and slowing down, (more than normal) my loading speeds seem to speed up and slow down also. Changing disc speeds in Hoster didn't matter the drive speeds still runs up and down, most times when it slows down it will ABORT the session...The grapics have become spotted and even some scratching noise in the audio...I've tried 10-15 disc.. even brand new never played disc and still the same thing. I'm thinking the CD-ROM Drive has failed, I have also cleaned the drive as well as Uninstall or remove it and reinstalled it. ANY IDEAS