MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 10th, 2004, 01:05 PM

1. Sound Choice - Hands down in the quality of rendition department. I have known them to mess up a few but for the most part, they are right on. The down-side is that they are VERY expensive and the company seems to be just a bit pig-headed about how they don' like computers and such. :(

DK - Most renditions were almost as good as Sound Choice but I never liked that guide flute, (or what ever it was called). Sometimes it even got louder than the singer. Too bad they went out of business. :(

Pop Hits - I'd use them if a Sound Choice version isn't available.

Pocket Songs - Some of the worst rendition I have ever heard. I sometimes wonder if these guys even bothered to listen to the original recording before trying to make a re-creation. Admitidly, I only purchased one disk but, that one disk was so bad, I never tried any others.

All Hits - Again, I'd use them if a Sound Choice version isn't available.

Sweet Georgia Brown - I'll buy these again, only under duress. Most of the renditions are poor quality and the way they scramble their songs on different CD's sent my blood pressure over the top. You want to add a SGB CD to your song-book? You better verify EVERY SINGLE SONG..... And make sure the artist is correct..... Especially on their "Set's".

Music Meistro - The first time a tried "Come Sail Away" by "Styx", I got totally disoriented when I went into the second verse and the music jumped into the refrain!! This wasn't just the radio version as opposed to the album version, they just flat dropped the whole second verse. I was so ratteled that I couldn't even finish the song. :(

Karaoke Classics - Not too bad but, their rendition of "Macarthur Park" by "Richard Harris" is missing the second verse too.

Chart Buster - Again, I'd use them if a Sound Choice version isn't available.

JMHO