MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old April 22nd, 2012, 12:05 PM

Hoster not reading CDGs - Required updating Hoster for Win7

I made all the Windows7 changes and installed Hoster. I have a Optiarc DVD+RW AD-7747H 100A Drive. When I open Hoster and attempt to import karaoke songs from the CDG disk, Windows Media player opens it instead. So I close Windows Media Player and click on "Search Online Database" then I get this message from Hoster: CD/DVD drive not ready. Please insert a disk and try again. It will not load the disk. The CD drive is working as it reads music disks. In the Windows7 change I did do Change #3 - Disable CDRom Auto Play Option. Any ideas on why it is not working?
Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Hoster not reading CDGs with Optiarc DVD+RW Drive

Go to control panel, depending which view you have set in control panel either select Hardware & sound/then Auto Play or From the other view go straight to Auto Play.
In the dialog that opens you should see a tick box top left, untick it.
There are also drop down arrows to select the action windows takes with various types of disc, if you want to experiment with these set the drop down boxes to "Take no action" for the items that you don't want auto play and whatever action you want for others.
If you want to use these selected items you would then have to tick the top left box but MTU recommends not allowing any.

As far as the not recognizing the drive, if this a plug in usb drive I assume you plug it in before starting Hoster, when you open Hoster go to Tools CD/DVD drives. Do you see the drive there, if so does it show Good.
Click the retest button any way then in the bottom where it reads "Default Read Drive" use the drop down arrow to select the drive and press save. It should now work, What might happen if you start Hoster with it disconnected then the default drive might change if you want try to read a disc in Hoster without it connected.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:32 PM

I did exactly what you stated above -however, it still has the same message. However, I noticed that when I retested the Optiarc DVD+RW in Hoster, the Status still says Good for the drive, but the Green Retest button has a little blinking to it. I've never seen this blinking before when I tested the drive in Hoster in the past.

If I play a music CD in Media player, it will play which leads me to believe the the drive is functional. Hoster seems to not recognize that a disc is in the drive. The message that comes up is a message from HosterL and still says "CD/DVD drive not ready. Please insert a disk and try again?

Thanks for your help.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Have you tried rebooting the computer with the drive connected since doing the previous changes. ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:28 PM

I just rebooted it. I get the same message.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

I take it this is a standard CD+G disc and not a cd with mp3+G tracks on it like you would get from the Sound choice gem series ?

If you go to Start/Computer right click on cd/dvd drive and select open does it show the list of files as example: Track01.cda ?

Have you tried more than one disc ?
Closed Thread