MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 28th, 2008, 01:27 PM

Hoster V4 Problem

I have the new Hoster and am having a problem with my second display (TV). I have tried to change the settings on the TV but it seems to be the Hoster program. My first display (laptop) shows perfectly. I have the Marque on top. The Lyics display needs to be moved up closer to the Marque. How can I do this? I have looked at the manual but could not find anything. Also, this issue caused problems for the singers (since they could not see the bottom line of lyrics), therefore, how could I switch back to my previous version of Hoster. I have NO internet reception from where I do my karaoke shows.
Old July 28th, 2008, 02:46 PM

Hi, I was just reading your problem and let me tell you something that may help.

I use the (pc to video component) converter with this you can adjust the screen to the left and right or up and down .

I hope that helps you.

Old July 28th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Honor Roll

Have you tried turning the marquee off?
Old July 28th, 2008, 03:19 PM

I have tried what both of you are suggesting. It is almost like I need to bring the whole lyrics area up about 2 inches. It is only that part of the screen, which makes the bottom line of lyrics dissapear.
Old July 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokesndy View Post
... therefore, how could I switch back to my previous version of Hoster. I have NO internet reception from where I do my karaoke shows.
I'm having problems picturing your problem as H4 should be showing the whole lyrics screen, just shrinking it to make it fit the area you've allotted it.... but for occasions such as this H4 comes bundled with H3.4 which is basicly a clone of 3.321. C\program files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\ , right click Hoster34.exe. click "send to" and then click "desktop (create shortcut)", to put an icon for it on your desktop.

Sam
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:12 PM

Thank you for helping me switch back to a previous Hoster version. As far as my other issue: When I double click for my second display (TV), I have the marquee on Top, then the Lyrics. There is approximately a 2inch gap between the Marquee and where the Lyrics start. Therfore the bottom line of lyrics are cut off. It does not do this on my laptop screen, only the TV (secondary). I can't even put the singer/song display up because it is not seen. I dissabled the marquee and the same thing happens. The Lyrics screen shows up 2 inches down instead of the whole screen.
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:10 PM
VIP

Hmmm... Can you take a screenshot and upload it here? I can't think of a way to replicate what you are seeing.

Sam
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM

Okay lets see if this upload works. In the picture (sorry, bad lighting), as you ca hopefully see....the marquee on top, then the gap, then te bottom line cut off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0076.jpg (348.5 KB, 34 views)
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

This sounds like your resolution for the TV is different from the main computer monitor. They should both be the same, no less than 800x600 and no more than 1024x768. I am using a flat screen HD LCD like yours and I had to change the TV setting to an odd ratio (can't remember the ratio) that is not normal screen (4:3) and not wide screen 16:9. This was along with the screen resolution from the computer.
The previous version were not quite as picky because they secondary display was not a composite view like the new one is where you can have three frame sections.