MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 11th, 2009, 07:28 PM

How do I add songs to Singers Database?

I can't figure out how to add singers/songs to this database. I did my first show last night and did very well. Some of the singers asked me if I save the request slips and I know why.

Is there a simple way to do this? I cant find it in the manual...

Thanks,
Z
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitd9922 View Post
I cannot figure out how to add songs to the singers database. Just putting up a + sign does'nt help us newbies much. Any more info or where to find this in the manual? Thanks
After you have selected the song and entered the singers name click on the S+ instead of the Add Track and it will be added to the playlist and also added to the Singers Database. You can do the same thing through the Search.
It is better explained in the section on the Search than under the main screen.
Old August 10th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Administrator

I split this out of the "Hoster Testimonial" to "Hoster Help" forum where it will get better answers.

You had an excellent question and this also will make it more visible to other "newbies" with the same concern.

I prefer to keep Testimonials clean and by themselves.
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:54 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
After you have selected the song and entered the singers name click on the S+ instead of the Add Track and it will be added to the playlist and also added to the Singers Database. You can do the same thing through the Search.
It is better explained in the section on the Search than under the main screen.
I too haven't had any success figuring out the singer's data base. I have seen post in the past about using the S+ button but it doesn't work for me. Here is an example how I add singers request. Please advise if I am doing this wrong in terms of the singers data base. When a singer turns in a song request, I find the song from the search screen, enter the singers name on the same screen, set the key change if necessary then add it to the playlist. The song with the singer's name is in the play list but how do I call up the singer with the same song and the same key change that was first requested when I do future shows? I thought I would be able to recall a singer's previous request by the singers name which would include any key changes in future shows. Am I wrong or isn't this the way the singers data base is suppose to work. If someone could give a detailed description on how to do this it would help me and the person that started this tread, as well as others.

Thanks
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

When you locate the song in Search, add the singer's name and the key change then don't hit Add Track or Add & Close. Instead click on the S+. This will add the song to the Singers Database and will add it to the Playlist all at the same time.
Same thing from the top of the playlist. Find the song by either BookID or Brand, enter singer's name and key change. Then click the S+. Again this will add the song to the playlist and will also add it to the Singers Database.
To call up the information to add that song again later, click on the Singers button, enter the singer's name and it will list all the songs you have added for that individual. Select the one you want and click Add Track.

Last edited by ddouglass; August 12th, 2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:47 PM
VIP

Quote:
When you locate the song in Search, add the singer's name and the key change then don't hit Add Track or Add & Close. Instead click on the S+. This will add the song to the Singers Database and will add it to the Playlist all at the same time.
Same thing from the top of the playlist. Find the song by either BookID or Brand, enter singer's name and key change. Then click the S+. Again this will add the song to the playlist and will also add it to the Singers Database.
To call up the information to add that song again later, click on the Singers button, enter the singer's name and it will list all the songs you have added for that individual. Select the one you want and click Add Track.
Thank you very much, that is fantastic.
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Both of you there is an explanation of this function under the Hoster Screen section of the manual. Scroll down to the part titled "Singers Button Details.
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Both of you there is an explanation of this function under the Hoster Screen section of the manual. Scroll down to the part titled "Singers Button Details.
Dale, shame on you telling a MAN to read the manual! Don't you know "we"don't do that?

So... why have I spent over half my past 41 years writing manuals? Dunno... maybe I'm tupid!

Been at it today since 12:06AM on Hoster 4.10....