MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 16th, 2009, 05:20 PM

Exclamation External drive issue

To everyone out there. Since I know hoster has to boot from c: drive as the first drive in a system. I was thinking also since 4.08 hoster has all the upgrades is it possible to run Hoster and all other associated mtu programs to run from a usb or sata external drive. That way when ever i want to run a show I can just plug in the external drive and run the show with hoster. IS THIS POSSIBLE! I usb small enough to operate using only the power of a usb port on a desktop computer and later also just plug it in a notebook as well and run a show?

Thanks in advance for your responces.
stevenkaraoke@yahoo.com
Old May 16th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

The answer is no. The program must be installed on the internal drive and can only be run on that computer. You can install 2 copies of Hoster with the same registration code, so can have it on 2 computers. You can keep your song files (KMA) on the external, but not the program itself.
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:23 PM

internal drive Issue

Thanks for the responce, I have been trying to decide to buy another internal or exteral drive and spend the money wisely. I am just going to buy an new internal drive and clone it in case of failures as a back up to keep my show running. But I am switching from an Ide setup to sata for faster data transfers and music videos that hoster runs.
Again thanks.
steven
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

The way I have mine set up is with and IDE drive as my C: drive because Windows doesn't have as much problems with IDE boot as it does with Sata boot. Then the rest of my drives are Sata for the faster data transfer of the music files.
For my back top I keep a laptop with me out in the car in case the desktop goes down. I have had to use the laptop only once in over a year's time and that was because the battery for the BIOS died on the motherboard and computer couldn't find the boot drive.