MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 30th, 2004, 03:10 PM

Exclamation Cannot Burn CD+G Disks with Microstudio & Plextor 708A

MTU SUPPORT

A few weeks ago I purchased an internal IDE Plextor 708A drive and upgraded its firmware to v1.07 (from v1.05, I think). I also purchased Microstudio v2.604 and a bundle of MTU Silver CDR Media.

My problem occurs when I use Microstudio, which is only able to extract CD+G tracks to files on my harddrive. I cannot burn ANY CD+G tracks with Microstudio. Thus far, I have only used MTU Silver CDR media. This problem occurred before and after upgrading my 708A's firmware. I always get the same message, "Error: 'Start DAO Recording' command failed on device 2:1:0 Disc type is not supported" every time I attempt to burn a CD+G disk with Microstudio.

I have been able to successfully copy entire karaoke CD's with CloneCD v4.2.0.2 (using same MTU silver CDR media). I use Microstudio to view both the source and copy CD's (it appears to have no trouble reading CD+G karaoke disks in the Plextor drive). My CD-R copies appear to be as good as the originals. It seems clear to me that my Plextor 708A is able to extract and record data (r-w subcodes) in the correct format to create CD+G disks.

You have posts which suggest Roxio CD Creator v6 and/or Nero software may cause this problem. I have neither of these installed on my PC (more than a year ago I had CD Creator installed, which has since been un-installed, and I recently un-installed Nero v5.5). Both CD Creator & Nero software have been removed, and this "DAO Error" problem continues to occur.

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 PC running Win2000 SP4 (Pentium 4, 256MB, 2 IDE harddisks, 1 Hitachi CDR drive as IDE master, 1 Plextor 708A as slave). Attached is a copy of the TXT file after running DXDIAG.

Any advice? Does this error suggest "Disk At Once" recording fails on my Plextor (a hardware failure)?

MTUSUPPORT?

Thanks,
Jason
Old July 30th, 2004, 03:18 PM

Re: Cannot Burn CD+G Disks with Microstudio & Plextor 708A

It may not fix the problem, but I would definately make the plextor the master, and the cd writer the slave.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 12:32 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Today, I tried (1) making my Plextor 708A drive the master on the IDE bus while disconnecting the Hitachi CD-R drive [this bus has only CDROM drives, so today it had only the Plextor drive], and (2) downloading and installing the latest DirectX ver.9.0 drivers from Microsoft's website (for Win2000 SP4).

Neither has resolved this problem.

In Microstudio, I still get the same error: "'START DAO RECORDING' command failed on device 2:1:0 Disc type is not supported." This occurs when I'm in the "Custom Assembly" tab, I've added CDG tracks I want from my harddrive, and I select EITHER "Test CD" or "Write CD" buttons. Thus far, Microstudio is useless to me for burning any tracks.

MTU SUPPORT, any suggestions?
Old August 3rd, 2004, 07:22 AM

Dao recording is disk at once..... it should not be doing this with custom assembly it should be TAO dao is disk at once tao is track at once.could it be a setting?
Old August 3rd, 2004, 03:20 PM

JCOLE,
Your problem is explained at: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=3622

Also, the reason that you are getting this error is because you have EZ CD Creator 6 or higher, or Nero 6 installed on your computer.

Please remove these, and then it will work.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:50 PM

Yes, thanks, I've already read the list of all known Microstudio error messages posted at "http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=3622"

As I explained in my original post, I *HAD* Roxio and Nero installed, but I have since uninstalled both. I still get the same error: "'START DAO RECORDING' command failed on device 2:1:0 Disc type is not supported" when I attempt to burn CDG tracks with Microstudio.

Roxio was already uninstalled when I installed Microstudio. I uninstalled Nero (v5.5) after installing Microstudio. Should I try uninstalling & re-installing Microstudio?

Thanks,
Jason
Old August 5th, 2004, 03:24 PM

Jason,
You can try uinstalling and Reinstalling Microstudio, but it seems that something is still left behind in your system that is causing this to happen.

Do you have any other burning programs installed?
Old August 6th, 2004, 01:48 PM

Unhappy Cannot Burn CD+G Disks with Microstudio & Plextor 708A

I have an older version of MusicMatch Jukebox 7.0 (free download version) installed, which may have CD burning capability. And, as I wrote in my original post, I have CloneCD v4.2.0.2 still installed. These were both installed on my PC before I installed Microstudio. Are there particular Win2K OS files I should look for, which Microstudio requires, that other CD burning software I've installed may have replaced?

Thanks,
Jason
Old August 6th, 2004, 04:50 PM

Jcole,
Please try uninstalling the CloneCD, another client stated that they uninstalled this and it worked in another post, with the 712a Plextor drive.

Let me know if this work.

There are no known files that are overwritten to cause these problems.
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:55 AM

Thumbs up Can Now Burn CD+G Disks with Microstudio & Plextor 708A!

Bryan,

I'm very pleased to announce that, with your help, I've managed to get Microstudio to work properly. AND, it works with BOTH CloneCD v4.2.0.2 and Nero v5.5 installed. Microstudio (custom assembly burning) worked after I disabled "CloneCD tray" auto start in the tray. Of course, it also works with CloneCD completely uninstalled, but I found it does not have to be uninstalled.

To eliminate a possible hardware failure/glitch, I installed a different Plextor 708A drive, and updated its firmware to v1.07. I was still unable to burn any CDG tracks with Microstudio until I reconfigured CloneCD as described above.

Problem solved! Thanks so much!
Jason
Old August 12th, 2004, 04:37 PM

Jason,
Thank you for this information. I will try it on my own system and see if it also works, as I get the same error and also have CloneCd/DVD and Nero 6 loaded. I will test this and see if it will fix my issue, which is the same as you have.