MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:52 PM

Problem importing hard drive files

I have Hoster 4.11 running on Win XP that I have been using for a long time. I download MP3 plus G songs regularly and import them into Hoster. All of a suddent when I click on "Import Songs", "Hard Drive Files" I don't get the usual screen where I can import these songs. I have downloaded some songs for a program tomorrow night and would appreciate some help if possible. Thanks! Steve
Old June 16th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Problem importing hard drive files

If you say this is something that has only happened recently, can you remember how far back it was when you last successfully imported this way. It must be something on your computer has changed in that time like some updates or another program you installed is interfering with Hoster.
The first thing I should try is restoring your computer to an earlier time and if you know a time it worked correct return to that date.
(You should find system restore in Programs/Accessories/system Tools)

Other than that the only thing I can think of is to re-install Hoster but unless you still have a copy of the installation file this option won't be available to you as 4.11 is no longer available to download.

The only option then would be an upgrade but I would not recommend you do that just before a show
I should do your show without your newest songs for tonight, can't remember how to play direct from the hard drive in 4.11 but in the newest version you can load individual tracks from the k-oke button.
Then when you have more time think about upgrading to 5.07.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:48 AM

Roy, thanks for the reply. I do not do any updates on this machine. I do still have 4.11 and can re-install. Didn't think about the restore feature, I will try that first. Thanks again.

Steve
Old June 18th, 2012, 01:13 PM

Hoster 4.11 Question

I have 4.11 and recently it would not import hard drive files. I restored to previous date and it worked for a while but has quit again (won't import). I have 4.11 setup saved and considering reinstalling. I have copied all wma files onto an external drive. Question is, should I uninstall the current running version prior to running the 4.11 setup? I am running XP and I do NOT do any upgrades on this machine. If I uninstall, how can I be sure that the setup.execute file will not be deleted also?
Thanks,

Steve
Old June 18th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Hoster 4.11 Question

I should just treat it as an upgrade and select that option after running the setup.exe, If you are worried about losing the setup.exe file just save it somewhere else as a backup first like the external hard drive, a usb stick or even a blank cd.

Seems funny you say it worked for a short while after restoring to an earlier date I wonder if something is corrupting the program ?

I'm going to merge this with your previous post as it is relative to that.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 18th, 2012, 01:53 PM

Roy, do you mean that when I dble click on setup.exe it will at some point ask me if this is an upgrade?
Old June 18th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

I don't remember if what you see in 4.11 is the same as the newer versions but normally when you start the setup file it it will present you with an option to select either remove or upgrade, just select upgrade.