MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 14th, 2009, 04:02 PM

importing cd tracks

just got a new cd today , same disc my singer has and i was trying to import the whole track, online db can't find them, so was the local db, so had to typed in manually, i go thru the whole process, when i clicked on import select tracks, the import screen goes blank, then an error msg. " hoster has encountered a problem needs to closed " this happened a few times, but when i import it as a singers disc, it'll will through..
Old December 14th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Have you checked where your save to folder at the bottom of the import screen is pointing to.

Roy.
Old December 14th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

What brand is it?
Did you try rebooting?
What version of Hoster are you using now?
Old December 14th, 2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
What brand is it?
Did you try rebooting?
What version of Hoster are you using now?
i kinda solved the problem, in 4.11 if you can't find the info in local and online db, and if you open the tray to get the info and typed it in manually, and re-insert the cd back, you'll get the error msg. i posted, unless you have the cd cover and the disc is in the tray, you can typed in manualy and click inport it will go through, i think this would be a problem, since all my disc are on a cd folders and dont have the info. anymore, only what's on the disc, so if you don't have a back-up drive, and had to re-import using the disc, if the local/online db can't find the info you either have to write the info on a piece of paper or know the title by heart.

Last edited by billyo; December 14th, 2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old December 14th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

If you have to re-import the information is already in your Songs database and it is part of the local search along with the Bucket.
Also now you can update the Bucket monthly by re-downloading and installing the current version of Hoster each month.
I have never had any problem if I pulled the disc out, type in the information and put it back in before I select the tracks to import. If you don't get the CD back in before doing this it will error out.
Old December 14th, 2009, 05:44 PM

so youre saying i have to typed in the info first, put the cd back in and then select the tracks to be imported?..i'll try that.
Old December 14th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Billyo
I don't think that is what Dale meant. If you type in the info first, then put the disk in I think it will blank the import data. What I think he meant was put in the disk let it read the disk, then take it out while you type in the data, then make sure you put it back in before selecting import all.

Roy.
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Honor Roll

Also make sure auto insert notification is turned off.
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:26 PM

i was trying to do Dales instructions, unfortunately i can't find a disc that is not in the online/local db, except for the one i just bought, and i was able to import that..
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Just remember to insert the disc back in before you select the tracks to import next time.
Old December 14th, 2009, 07:02 PM

i will thank you, as you know i just got back from doing karaoke about a month ago when i did a benefit,, and i had to start learning how to do all these things over again. but i still do keep up with the upgrades though and learning how to work the new features.. without people like i'll probably pulling my hair out ( what's left of it )
Old December 14th, 2009, 08:19 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
If you have to re-import the information is already in your Songs database and it is part of the local search along with the Bucket.
Also now you can update the Bucket monthly by re-downloading and installing the current version of Hoster each month.
I have never had any problem if I pulled the disc out, type in the information and put it back in before I select the tracks to import. If you don't get the CD back in before doing this it will error out.
Dale, am I understanding you correctly about down loading the current version monthly to get an updated Bucket? If so, then the current version of 4.11 has an updated Bucket every month? If this is what you are explaining then is this done the first of the month or does the date vary?

Walt
Old December 14th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Dale, am I understanding you correctly about down loading the current version monthly to get an updated Bucket? If so, then the current version of 4.11 has an updated Bucket every month? If this is what you are explaining then is this done the first of the month or does the date vary?

Walt
Read Admin's post in this thread and he explains it.
http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11766
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:44 PM
VIP

Once again, thanks Dale!

Walt
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:11 PM

The song list should also be on the the sleeve or jewel case the CDG came in. I have never tried removing the CDG after putting it in the drive and discovering the songs list isn't available locally or on line. I have also seen errors in the songs list that comes up so I always verify it against the sleeve.
Old December 15th, 2009, 02:43 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMcCharles View Post
The song list should also be on the the sleeve or jewel case the CDG came in. I have never tried removing the CDG after putting it in the drive and discovering the songs list isn't available locally or on line. I have also seen errors in the songs list that comes up so I always verify it against the sleeve.
It's similar to having a custom cdg made by Chartbuster, or SoundChoice (custom service by SC has since been discontinued), etc., you have a sleeve or jewelcase that is generic, and the only custom printed song information, is on the disc itself... same as BillyO's situation. Then you must type in the information after importing, and before selecting which and how many tracks to import, as Dale has stated. The problem with the Bucket List is it is updated from the Hoster KJ's that load their songs (New CDG's & SCDG's) each month, and all the errors are mostly from operator error when they are typed the first time incorrectly... I have another problem because I have eliminated all punctuation in the song titles so I dont (sic) have to worry when searching, whether it is punctuated or not. So I go to the edit screen and edit out the punctuation marks if I download a disc that is in the bucket list data base, and it includes a title that has punctuation marks... Just me, but it has served ME well for the last 5 years that I have been using this method when preparing my books...

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A
Old December 15th, 2009, 04:25 PM

Good point about custom CDs. Of course, for those you will never find the CDG in the bucket
I always create the artist/song list in a text file prior to ordering so that I can check the disk for correctness when it arrives. I use that to enter info rather than reading it off the CDG at entry time.

I also understand that the bucket consists of all of our styles and entry errors. eg. Neil Diamond's America is usually "America the Beautiful" in the bucket. As for punctuation, I add it back in when missing as I like to see it in the songbook, though I agree you are better off without it when using Hoster.
Old December 15th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Actually that is a mis-labeling by Top Tunes. The song title is actually "Coming to America." The Bucket does not list it anymore as "America the Beautiful."
As far as the errors go MTU has one staffer who makes sure the spelling is correct. She may not catch everything but does catch a lot of the mistakes.
If would help to, since we all know that it is our entries adding to the Bucket, if we make sure we have spelled and typed those titles and artists correctly.