MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 31st, 2003, 10:14 PM

Burning CD+G from MP3 and CDG files

Greetings and salutations...

I have some MP3/WAV and CDG files that I made with an old MP3+G ripper program. I have something that I can conver them to a BIN file. However, I can't figure out how to use MTU to make CD+G disks out of these BIN files. With MTU, BIN files are for an entire CD+G disk right?

How do I convert the MP3/WAV and CDG files into a CDG file that MTU can use or how can I convert the BIN file for MTU to use?

Thanks in advance for any help or input!

*Elvis has not left the building*
Old January 31st, 2003, 10:56 PM

Rmclain,

Kpro does not support BIN files.

My suggestion if for you to use the WAV files and place the lyrics in Kpro, then you can burn your CD+G’s using MicroStudio.

To read MTU's position regarding BIN files, please read the following thread:

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?...s&pagenumber=2

Good luck,

Jon

Old February 1st, 2003, 04:12 AM

Thanks for the response Jon.

Yes, I will convert MP3 to wav and then add the lyrics with KHP.

Thank you...thank you very much!
Old February 1st, 2003, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up I concur!

jaddams did an excellent job answering this. Thanks from MTU too!

To be legal with MP3, MTU must PAY Thompson CF in France US$5,000 A YEAR to provide any MP3 player, and another US$5,000 A YEAR to provide any MP3 encoder. That does not include royalties on the code to provide these functions, only the RIGHT to provide them legally. This won't happen as we will only do what is legal, and I can't recover $10,000 a year payments for this. MP3 users think it is free stuff... not so!
Old February 1st, 2003, 05:22 AM

The mp3 files I have are ripped from my karaoke CD's. I use my computer to play karaoke so that I can save my CD's from wear. MP3 files take up less hd space than wav's. I used this $25 software that takes a karaoke song from CD and makes an mp3 and cdg player. I then use winamp to play the karaoke song.

As for as I know, this is legal, yes?
Old February 1st, 2003, 11:41 AM

Bin to CDG

Several years ago, when I didn't own "Disc Architect", as Microstudio was known, I ripped files of my CDG cds using another program (in free 1x demo mode) that assgned the extension "Bin" There was a time after I purchased the MTU product that it made sense to rip the songs with one program and burn the songs with the other. All I did was change the name of the files from "Song.bin" to "Song.cdg" Everything was OK.

I don't understand all the hullaballoo about legality. Bins to cdgs, in my case, was a simple file name change. MP3-cdg is out of my experience. From what I see, that is where everyone is concerned about legality.

Hope this answers your question, instead of calling you a crook.
Old February 1st, 2003, 12:53 PM

You didn't read it right

Jahern,

With all due respect, I don’t think you understood Admin’s response to Rmclain post. At no time as Admin calling or even implying that anyone was a crook.

MP3 technology IS NOT licensed to end-users. So Rmclain can use it, legally, to his heart's content as long as he remains an "end-user."

The way I read it, Admin merely explained what MTU had to do to profit from MP3’s Technology. In other words, MTU IS NOT going to support anything without paying royalties to whomever owns the technology in question.

Someone developed MP3 compression, and THAT someone deserves to be paid royalties for the use of its technology by commercial entities that use it as part of their services to its customers.

You can bet that your last dime that when you use any commercial software (Nero Burning for example) to compress your musical files into MP3 format, Nero has paid royalties to the developers of MP3 technology, just like computer makers pay royalties to Microsoft for the use of its Windows Operating System.

I repeat, in my opinion, Admin was only stating MTU’s position as to the support of MP3’s on its line of products. At no time did he call anyone a crook.

To read most everything there is to know about MP3 licensing requirements, please click the following link, you'll learn a lot from it.

http://www.mp3licensing.com/help/index.html

I hope this helps you understand better.

Sincerely,

Jon
Old February 1st, 2003, 01:18 PM

Yes, re-reading the post i understand it now. It was very late and I was tired.

Thanks for all the help!
Old February 4th, 2003, 01:24 AM

I know how to read

jaddams

rmclain asked a question about what to do with bin files. When I created Bin Files with another program, ripped from cdg's, all I did was change the extension to "cdg" and I could burn cds using Microstudio. I wasn't concerned about where rmclain got them. I understand how MTU has to pay fees to support this or that. But rmclain wanted to know how to use his Bin files and I tried to help, citing my own experience.

Even if rmclain wanted to read about policies and hear about royalties paid to this or that developer, I thought other people might want to know about my experience. (Which, incidentally was intended to address the question) That part about not calling him a crook was just a JAB that I felt that nobody responded to the question and instead got involved in citing policy. I STILL FEEL THAT THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED.

Since MP3 + CDG files are out of my experience my perspective on Bin files might not even apply, but at least I tried to help.

Good Luck rmclain, wherever you are.
Old February 4th, 2003, 01:54 AM

Jahern,

Understood.

It wasn't my intention to disregard what you said, I was merely explaining how the MP3 royalty structure works.

I wasn't questioning what you did.

If I offended you, I sincerely apologize.

Best regards,

Jon
Old February 4th, 2003, 08:54 AM

This is correct, you should beable to just change the .bin of those files to .cdg and it might work. If you get an error stating something about the cue sheet is bad when you try to write then one of these files is corrupt.
Old February 4th, 2003, 08:49 PM

jaddams

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Best wishes