MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old June 29th, 2011, 05:31 PM

Smile C3 Numark Mixer

Can I hook a C3 Numark Mixer to my laptop and use my computer speakers on a temporary basis? I want to use it at home for very small groups for Karaoke using Hoster software?

Bill
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: C3 Numark Mixer

I see no reason why not, I presume these are external speakers and are active type meaning they have their own power.
Just connect from the audio out on the computer to the audio in of the mixer then from the mixer you will probably have to use one of these outputs Master (RCA), Record (RCA), Zone (RCA), not the normal XLR outputs.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 29th, 2011, 06:11 PM

Smile Re: C3 Numark Mixer

Thanks, Roy. I will see what I can do. The mixer has so many buttons and capabilities that it may take a file to sort it out.

Great to hear from you!

Bill
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:23 PM

Does this mixer have a built in amplifier? Or, are you depending on your speakers only? I have a woofer which will not be in the loop. Will the two small speakers have enough strength to put out any sound on their own?

Bill
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

That mixer does not have a built in amplifier.
You are confusing me a bit now. When I answered your previous question I assumed you already had the mixer. You either have to have speakers that have their own built in amplifier which the active implies or you need an amplifier between it and none powered speakers.
When you said your computer speakers I again assumed you have a separate set of speakers that you plug into your laptop, these are normally powered (Active) speakers with their own small amplifiers built in. I would not normally think of these as powerful enough to use for a karaoke party but OK for you to sing along and practice.
They won't be any more powerful coming from the mixer than they are from the computer itself so if you find them loud enough then OK.
Regarding the woofer, if it is complete system with the 2 satellite speakers then that probably contains the amplifier part so you would plug this into your laptop or mixer then the satellite speakers from that.
It's a job to answer you properly because I don't now the setup with the speakers.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 1st, 2011, 09:05 AM

Smile Re: C3 Numark Mixer

Roy, I didn't do my research on mixers and exactly what they did. I have Dell AY4102.1 speaker 22v. I couldn't see where you could connect the woofer to the mixer. I have decided to return it to Amazon for credit. I will make do with what I have for around the house purpose. The next time I decide to upgrade, I will count on buying speakers as well. Thanks a million for your help!

Bill
Closed Thread