MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 5th, 2013, 07:18 PM

hoster 432.03 quit working

my laptop is a asus g73sw with 8gb ram, nvidia460 video card 1.5gb ram, 500gb Samsung 840 ssd C drive and Seagate 750gb D drive, both internal win 7 pro. I think the issue started when I was making a disk with microstudio 4.23 and it stated there was a problem with the registration so I just upgraded to 424.09 had not used microstudio for a year as the only time I use it is for a friend to sing at a church function which is once a year. then today I was going to import a couple of songs for the show tonight and hoster would not open, tried to uninstall and reinstall to no avail and even tried to uninstall microstudio then install hoster, still nothing. so I purchased the upgrade, which I see doesn't advise running 2 shows at once but I will be anyway, as I've always used 2 shows. i'll let you know how that works out.

I do clone my drive monthly so I could have installed the other drive, but it is not an ssd. for alignment issues I clone the ssd to a 3.5" ssd, but that's another story.

cant think of any issues that would cause this, no crashes I did uninstall iTunes and upgraded a asus atk0100 driver set which controls fn set keys but that's about it. this is more of a rant than a call for help.

Kip

Kastleberg Enertainment

Asus G751jt Laptop 4710HQ 32GB Ram 500gb ssd 1tb hdd internal NVidia 970 video card 3gb dedicated memory dvd drive win 8 pro 64 bit

Asus G73sw Laptop Q2630 I7. 8gb Ram. 500gb ssd 750gb hdd both internal. NVidia 460 video card 1.5GB dedicated memory. BD burner. Win 7 pro 64 bit.
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Re: hoster 432.03 quit working

When you say it stopped working, what exactly happens when you click the hoster icon ?
Do you get a blank screen after seeing a quick view of Hoster ? If so then it is opening in full screen, you need to double click in the centre of the screen to return to normal view.
if not the above do you see a Hoster icon on the task bar at the bottom, if so click there or hover over it and a small Hoster view may appear if so right click in this small view and you may see a choice of restore or maximise click there.
Also read this thread: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=13292
If none of the above try to explain exactly what happens after double clicking the Hoster desktop icon rather than just saying it won't open, unless of course nothing at all opens.

Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:56 AM

when I say it does not open I mean there is no hoster.exe running at all, nothing in process or services. the only thing that happens is after clicking on hoster icon and move the cursor away to an empty area of the desktop you will see a spinning circle next to the cursor for a moment, like it is thinking or looking or wondering now where did I leave the rest of the code to open the program....and then gives up

after the show last night I see why 2 shows really don't work, if you try to look at the show not playing it grabs the secondary display and presto no lyrics for the singer. usually I would run a slideshow on the desktop/extended display between songs or during music, but I see even when hoster is not playing it still controls 2nd display.....kinda sucks but resistance is futile or change is inevitable.

the only issue I had last night, I think related to 2 shows open was sometimes there would be a audio dropout moment(short duration like the blink of an eye) about a half to one second into the song, maybe 4 times in 30 songs?

Kastleberg Enertainment

Asus G751jt Laptop 4710HQ 32GB Ram 500gb ssd 1tb hdd internal NVidia 970 video card 3gb dedicated memory dvd drive win 8 pro 64 bit

Asus G73sw Laptop Q2630 I7. 8gb Ram. 500gb ssd 750gb hdd both internal. NVidia 460 video card 1.5GB dedicated memory. BD burner. Win 7 pro 64 bit.
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip777 View Post
when I say it does not open I mean there is no hoster.exe running at all, nothing in process or services. the only thing that happens is after clicking on hoster icon and move the cursor away to an empty area of the desktop you will see a spinning circle next to the cursor for a moment, like it is thinking or looking or wondering now where did I leave the rest of the code to open the program....and then gives up

after the show last night I see why 2 shows really don't work, if you try to look at the show not playing it grabs the secondary display and presto no lyrics for the singer. usually I would run a slideshow on the desktop/extended display between songs or during music, but I see even when hoster is not playing it still controls 2nd display.....kinda sucks but resistance is futile or change is inevitable.

the only issue I had last night, I think related to 2 shows open was sometimes there would be a audio dropout moment(short duration like the blink of an eye) about a half to one second into the song, maybe 4 times in 30 songs?
As you say "after last nights show" I take it hoster is now running ?

Regards to the slight audio drop, have you tried adjusting the Tools/Audio Controls "Prevent audio drop outs" setting ?
It maybe that you need to raise this to a higher number.
But also make sure you have your power options set to "Maximum performance" while running Hoster.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 8th, 2013, 11:24 AM

I had upgraded to 508.11 and had no problems installing that version, sorry I did not make that clear in the previous post and used that for the show Friday night. but deciding I really don't like this version I tried to reinstall 432.03 and still the same issue. I went to system restore and went back to the middle of march that didn't work so I went to the beginning of march and 432.03 works fine now. even Fridays show is in the database and the new imported songs are there but in "Downloads" I was missing the Hoster and Microstudio download upgrades.
I'm still In the process of checking windows updates most are installed(all critical) and looking at Microstudio it is 4.24 but tells me there is an upgrade to 4.24.09 for free which was the version I installed, the version states it as 4.24.
it really looks to me as a windows issue but I'll go through the upgrade to Microstudio and see if anything changes with Hoster, but I think things will be fine now. stepping back in time I'm fairly sure any dump/crash logs are gone, but I'll check later, also look at restore points from early to mid march and see if there are any possibilities that jump out at me. there was an upgrade to Samsung magician ssd software that seemed buggy to me and it is not installed currently???
Thanks for your time.

Kastleberg Enertainment