MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old November 20th, 2012, 01:40 PM

Post Hoster 5.08 Problems here

Version 5.08 released November 20, 2012.

Click here to read the changes, and download the new code.
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:20 PM

Re: Post Hoster 5.08 Problems here

Audio Skips when searching for songs, Reverted back to Prior Version and everything ok again
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Just to help us understand why you should exsperience this can you tell us a bit more about your system.

How many songs in your database?

Which operating system are you using, XP, Vista, Windows 7, or 8 ?

How much Ram ?

Do you have any other programs running at the same time ?

Anything else you think could be helpfull.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:00 PM

Angry Re: Post Hoster 5.08 Problems here

I have just upgraded from 5.7 to 5.8 only to find that it has now quarantined over 200 tracks which were working fine under 5.7 and will not allow me to re-add them with rebuilding the database? any ideas how to get them back without having to reload all 200 tracks or should I just go back to 5.7 that was working fine?
Dave
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Anyone else having problems with a few milliseconds being cut off of mp3 files in 5.08? I noticed that some of my sound clips in instabuttons are being clipped at the end. I loaded the files in the playlist and played them and they were also clipped. It may be that all files are being clipped. I have not yet found one with an ending where I can tell. When I load the mp3 files in another player they play fine all the way to the end. I tried changing the add silence between songs settings but no improvement. Also changed the fade in/out settings to "0" with no improvement.
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:10 PM

I run Xp Pro with 4gb ram, I Only run PCDJ and No other programs. It's only when searching for song. if i leave that part alone everything is fine, I don't have any issues with 5.07 so will be using that until either someone else has that same problem or another version comes out
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepryceents View Post
I have just upgraded from 5.7 to 5.8 only to find that it has now quarantined over 200 tracks which were working fine under 5.7 and will not allow me to re-add them with rebuilding the database? any ideas how to get them back without having to reload all 200 tracks or should I just go back to 5.7 that was working fine?
Dave
Same problem here but only about 45 tracks. If you use the K-oke option you can play them from the quarantined folder. Weird. I re-ripped those discs and all was fine. BTW, it kicked out the same files on 4 different computers. Also, I had one different file that errored out when I tried to play it. After that, every file I tried to play errored out until I rebooted, then everything played fine, including the original file that wouldn't run.
Old November 30th, 2012, 03:17 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggerWertz View Post
Also, I had one different file that errored out when I tried to play it. After that, every file I tried to play errored out until I rebooted, then everything played fine, including the original file that wouldn't run.
That's happened to me a couple of times, too. I had to system restore a few days back iin time and all was fine. I did a Bios update and a registry clean and it hasn't happened since. One weird thing that still does happen though is when I play a bunch of videos on Vdj, it causes, for some reason unknown to man, every song in Hoster to error out. Nothing cures this except a restore. It is repeatable too.

Old December 1st, 2012, 04:42 PM

I had 111 songs that it said files corrupted, so I imported 4 of the discs again, rebuilt the data base to check before I spent the time finding the other 6 discs and reloading them as well. It only took 1 of the discs the other files were quarantined again. Switched back to 5.07 it will accept and play all the files.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
VIP

I had a hoster must close error last night after hitting two consecutive instabuttons w/o hitting the stop button in between. Wasn't sure if this was fixed in 5.08 or not. I had done this before without issue so I am assuming it is just a random event that just crops up from time to time. Anyone else experience this yet?

Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
VIP

Re: Post Hoster 5.08 Problems here (Audio Crackle and Stuutering and out of sync!

Saturday night, about three hours into the show, I heard a crackle from the speakers, then some stuttering in the audio, then the words were out of sync till the rest of the song, at the end of the song, hoster crashed and had to restart. I was using the onboard sound card, not my usb to mixer interface. This is apparaentl the "classic audio dropout", which iis the very first time I have experienced this. Usually I simply get an "audio stops", then "song goes to played status".

Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM

Ok,
Quick 5.08 Update has been done to fix the Quarantined files. Please make sure that you download it from here http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm

The only way to find out if it is the correct version or not, is you must install it, then Open Hoster. Once you are in Hoster, go to the Help Menu\About Hoster here you should see 5.08. Notice the Period after the 8. This is the only place, that it will show if you have the fixed version or not.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:16 PM

Anyone having any issues with Audio, please download the K-Lite Mega codec pack from here http://www.free-codecs.com/k_lite_me...k_download.htm
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT View Post
Anyone having any issues with Audio, please download the K-Lite Mega codec pack from here http://www.free-codecs.com/k_lite_me...k_download.htm
What's really weird in my case, though, is, that I never had that kind of audio issue where the crackling and out of sync appear, and I never had any knid of audio issue using the on board sound card, as far as I can remember, until after
I installed the megapack codecs. Maybe coincidence, but wanted to mention it.

Old December 4th, 2012, 02:30 PM

Having same audio drop problem I had when 5.06 came out and think it was 5.07 that fixed it. Get confused with the fixes when the only way you can tell is it has an extra decimal point. Going back to 5.05. Maybe jamming too many features into program that I will never use, but some people may. I was good with older reliable versions. Customers are loosing confidence in our shows.
Old December 4th, 2012, 03:41 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy View Post
Having same audio drop problem I had when 5.06 came out and think it was 5.07 that fixed it. Get confused with the fixes when the only way you can tell is it has an extra decimal point. Going back to 5.05. Maybe jamming too many features into program that I will never use, but some people may. I was good with older reliable versions. Customers are loosing confidence in our shows.
Actually, I like all the features they have, however, I waited till about 5.07.05 came out with the basic fixes I thought were necessary and tempo added and working. Now it appears the only way I feel comfortable at a show is if I have all these features off, no internet, no vdj like I used to for video and effects and slideshows. At first I thought it had to be my computer, but my wife purchased a very top of the line P.C. with 16 gB ram with top of the line video card, and she gets some of the "crashy" stuff I get, although not as often, (I play out three times as much and use an 8 gB laptop). I really liked version 4.09D, still do, but I don't think it takes Windows 7, and the two singers databases are not compatible.

Old December 4th, 2012, 04:15 PM

I am still using Windows Xp just because of personal preference, but have always purchased upgrades for the past 9 years. I think it was version 2.0 and always wanted to support the purchase of upgrades for the study of new technology. Maybe Hoster can come out with a toned down version that has the new coding for windows 7 but without all the bells and whistles that may be nice for some but not for others. When I do a Karaoke show I just need something reliable which they have been until lately.
Old December 5th, 2012, 08:36 PM
VIP

I also notice that my .kma files are cutting short. The song just abruptly stops.

FYI, I run in AUTO, TEMPO and REMOVE Silence modes.

Thanks

Last edited by aznetbear; December 5th, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:45 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznetbear View Post
I also notice that my .kma files are cutting short. The song just abruptly stops.

FYI, I run in AUTO, TEMPO and REMOVE Silence modes.

Thanks
You also posted this in the Beta Forum. Did you upgrade to the 5.08 release version in this post? I'm asking because I'm wondering if your issues are related to this version or the beta version. I haven't upgraded yet simply because of issues being reported here that I am not experiencing with Beta 14.
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:41 AM

The new fix has taken care of the Quarantined files.
Thanks
Shane
Closed Thread