MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 8th, 2011, 02:04 PM

missing songs 5.01

I just got a new computer and updated to hoster 5.01. I had all of my songs on an external hard drive and now when i try to build the database, it only finds 5000+ of 12000+ songs. If I hook up to my old comp with the same hard drive and my old version of hoster all of my songs are there. Is there something I am not doing right?
Old June 8th, 2011, 02:13 PM
VIP

Re: missing songs 5.01

Have you selected all the folders that contain your songs/ kma's on your external drive? What was the previous version of Hoster that you upgraded from? Read the manual regarding rebuilding database in 5.01 if all other variables are ok!

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A
Old June 8th, 2011, 05:42 PM

Thanks Rick! Unfortunately, it looks as though I have done everything right according to the manual. My previous version was 3.321. It is just random songs that it is not finding. They are all in the file but not being read into the database, like one song off of a disk and stuff like that. I do not understand!!
Old June 8th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Click the Tools Tab/Songs Database/Build Database. In the dialog that opens you should see a list of folders in the bottom left window under the the Add Folder & subfolder choices of buttons.
Check that the folder containing your music on your external drive is showing.
If it is not showing use the Add Folder or Add Folders/Subfolders button to load them.
If it is showing you can highlight any of these folders in the left hand window you should see all your music files for that folder show in the right hand window.
If on highlighting a folder none of the files are showing you have either added an empty folder, a wrong folder or something else, so check it is the right folder, if it is highlight it again and press the Rescan button.
If your music files are in that folder after rescanning you should see the contents in the right hand window.
Then try Hoster to see if all your files are now available.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 9th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lslade View Post
I just got a new computer and updated to hoster 5.01. I had all of my songs on an external hard drive and now when i try to build the database, it only finds 5000+ of 12000+ songs. If I hook up to my old comp with the same hard drive and my old version of hoster all of my songs are there. Is there something I am not doing right?
Since this is a new computer then I am guessing it is Windows 7. Did you do all the changes to Windows 7 required by Hoster? there have been a lot of things added between 5.01 and 3.321 and much of it depends on Windows being set up correctly too.
Here is the link to those requirements if you haven't done them:
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/windows7-changes.htm

Also check to make sure none of the files in the folder are read only. This can also cause the files not to be added.
Old June 9th, 2011, 12:55 PM

Thanks Dale! I double checked to make sure all of the changes were made correctly and it is still not finding all of the songs. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall hoster after adjusting a couple of display settings?
Old June 9th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Dale! I double checked to make sure all of the changes were made correctly and it is still not finding all of the songs. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall hoster after adjusting a couple of display settings?
Are these files all in one folder or are they split up in to multiple folders?
Are they all KMA files or do you have some that are KMH?
Old June 10th, 2011, 10:03 AM

The missing ones are all in the same folder and they are all KMA. It is not the whole folder that is missing just some of the songs.
Old June 10th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Did you try as I stated before, Highlight the folder in the left window and press the Rescan button.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:12 AM

Yeah, and that didn't work either!
Old June 10th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Make sure none of them are read only. We had that problem back a while ago.
Old June 12th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Administrator

If nothing else works, submit a Support Ticket. There was a change in the KMA "header" between 3.321 and some release after that, at least by 5.00. It could be that some headers are "old" and did not convert (which we do automatically). It's a long shot, but Bryan could help you best.

We may need an example KMA file that does NOT index in the Songs Database to study its header contents.
Old July 13th, 2011, 10:45 AM

Check to see if your songs got copied to your C: drive on your old computer instead of your external hard drive. For some reason, when I copy my new Karaoke CD's into Hoster, it sometimes defaults to the C: drive instead of the Exteral Hard drive. I always have to check this or I end up copyig them to the wrong drive.
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:07 PM

When I got my new laptop with Windows 7 I copied all my files to the hard drive. Everything worked fine for a few months and then I noticed songs were missing when I went to play them and sometimes different songs were in the place of the missing ones. They were also missing in the singers database. I noticed that Windows indexing had been running in the background for who knows how long. I shut that process down by disabling it and deleted all my song files and reloaded them. In six months everything has been running fine. No more missing files. I hope this helps.
Old October 4th, 2011, 02:54 PM

I have disabled windows indexing and that does not seem to have helped. Any other ideas?
Old October 4th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have disabled windows indexing and that does not seem to have helped. Any other ideas?
Did you put in a support ticket as suiggested by Admin ?

If you navigate to your KMA folder or folders using Windows Explorer and right click on those folders individually, under the general tab where it shows "Contains xxxxx files" Does the total # reflect your full amount 12000+ files or less. ? In your first post you said Hoster only showed 5000 +
Old October 4th, 2011, 04:25 PM
VIP

Try upgrading to 5.04, that may solve your problem.
http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaoke-hoster.htm

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram