MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 31st, 2002, 01:43 PM

Exclamation Running MTU Products on Windows XP Pro

This is a message for the Admin / Support:

I am running WinXP Pro with multiple user profiles. I always install programs using a specific profile with admin privileges. Unfortunately, after installing MTU programs, I cannot run them under a different profile. Sure, I can set the properties of the *.exe file to "run as" the profile from which I installed the program (ie with the permissions and password), but I shouldn't have to. The application should run under any profile.

Also, even after changing the "run as" permission for each program file (keyrite, vogone, and khpro), they will run as individual applications, but I cannot launch these components from within microstudio itself.

This should not be an issue for XP Home Ed, (XP Pro version uses permissions if Simple File Sharing is enabled)

BTW, I have all the current versions of each component. The profile I use even has Admin privileges. I figured it must something that MTU incorporated into the registry settings during installation.

Any ideas? or does there have to be a fix for this?

Misschiff