MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 4th, 2004, 04:18 PM

Unhappy no drives found

I have used microstudio for several years now. I purchased a Plextor CD burner from MTU to be sure I could copy my karaoke cdgs. It works fine in windows 98. no matter what I do, I cannot get it to work in windows xp. today I downloaded a demo of the latest version of microstudio 2609 and when I ran the demo, it saw the plextor drive. I got excited and quickly went back to the site and purchased the upgrade to my software to this latest version. Guess what! No drives are found. I've tried all 3 of the solutions listed about installing different ASPI drivers. Still no drives are found. I have 3 drives attached to my system and it shows no drives at all. very perplexed!
Old September 6th, 2004, 09:24 AM

Re: no drives found

did you remove the demo? if you did try leaving in on and see if that works. That is the only way i can get mine to work. if i remove the demo mine won't show my drive.
Old September 6th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Please do the following:

1. Install the Demo again and click the REMOVE option in the appropriate screen.

2. Then reinstall the Microstudio 2.609 verison and click the REMOVE option in the appropriate screen. This will remove the prior versions.

3. Then reinstall Microstudio 2.609 again, to install it.

Post here what you find.
Old September 6th, 2004, 11:38 AM

Unhappy Re: no drives found

I have tried following the instructions from admin. The only place it asks you to remove is if you go to add/remove programs in control panel. But I have selected that separately for both the demo and program. Then I reinstalled 2.609 to get the same result. It does not see ANY of my drives at all.

For the other reply about leaving the demo on, I just reinstalled it without removing the program and then reinstalling but it still does not see the drive or any drive. I'll try removing all again, reinstalling the demo then the program.

Why won't this work????? This is so frustrating. I've had to keep an old computer alround running win98 just so I could use this program. This is silly!!!
Old September 7th, 2004, 11:57 AM

The only 2 things that can cause this are the ASPI drivers and your Motherboard drivers. What I would do is update your Motherboard, chipset drivers. This should allow it to then work on this computer. To do this, you will need to go to the computer Manufacturer's website, and get the latest drivers.

The only other thing that could cause this, is that if you had the Full version of Hoster and the Demo installed. If you then Uninstalled the demo version of Hoster, it would remove the ASPI driver. If you run the Hoster installation again and select either Modify, Repair, or Upgrade this would be fixed
Old September 7th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Administrator

I checked and you are installing 2.609, so that is the latest right now.

Please let us know if the suggestions above solve your problem. This one's got us scratching our heads if its not your computer drivers.
Old September 8th, 2004, 02:28 AM

Thought I'd mention that I have two cdg drives one is a outboard plexorwriter drive. and have it turned off when I am using the computer for something else. If I wanted to play Kaaoke using that drive, I must reboot so the computer will recognize it, or have it on before hand. Could this be your situation too? Other than that maybe it is a poor connection.
Old September 11th, 2004, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT
The only 2 things that can cause this are the ASPI drivers and your Motherboard drivers. What I would do is update your Motherboard, chipset drivers. This should allow it to then work on this computer. To do this, you will need to go to the computer Manufacturer's website, and get the latest drivers.

The only other thing that could cause this, is that if you had the Full version of Hoster and the Demo installed. If you then Uninstalled the demo version of Hoster, it would remove the ASPI driver. If you run the Hoster installation again and select either Modify, Repair, or Upgrade this would be fixed
Bryan,

I do not have Hoster installed at all. I am so frustrated. How can other people use this software in windows XP and I cannot. Ever since XP came out a few years ago, I've been trying to get this to work. I've bought several upgrades to to the software to make it work to no avail.
Old September 11th, 2004, 11:40 AM

Unhappy Re: no drives found

Bryan,

I do not have Hoster installed at all. I am so frustrated. How can other people use this software in windows XP and I cannot. Ever since XP came out a few years ago, I've been trying to get this to work. I've bought several upgrades to to the software to make it work to no avail.
Old September 13th, 2004, 10:16 AM

Kgertz,
I am sorry, in my above post I meant Microstudio instead of Hoster.

There really is nothing to the software working. This is not working due to something in your computer.

We have thousands of clients using the software on XP without ANY problems. What you need to do, is get all of the Updates for your computer. You must make sure that you have Updated the Motherboard Chipset drivers, from the computer Manufacturers website.
Old September 28th, 2004, 04:19 AM

Have you install a version of nero recently?
Old September 28th, 2004, 04:28 AM

To Recover Lost Drives:

You should uninstall Easy CD Creator, if it is installed, through Windows Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. To do so:

A. Go to “Start” then “Settings” then select “Control Panel”

B. Double Click “Add/Remove Programs”

C. Uninstall Easy CD Creator Platinum and/or Adaptec Easy CD Creator

WARNING: THE NEXT STEPS INVOLVE EDITING YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY (STEP 3) BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING (STEP 4). EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE. WE RECOMMEND THAT IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE EDITING YOUR REGISTRY THAT YOU SKIP THE FOLLOWING STEPS.

1) Log on with Administrative Privileges

2) Open the Registry Editor:

a) Go to “Start” then select “Run”

b) Type “regedit” and click “OK”

3) Backup you registry by:

a) Highlight “My Computer” by clicking on it once.

b) At the top of the page you should see “File”(Win XP) or “Registry” (Win 2000), click on this and then select “Export Registry File”

c) The following screen will allow you to select where you would like to save this backup and what file name you would like to save it as.

d) Please note at the bottom of the screen where it says export range “All”; this should be selected to ensure your entire registry is backed up completely.

e) Give the File a name and Click on the “SAVE” button (this will bring you back to the registry editor)

4) Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values by:

a) Expand the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it.

b) Expand the “SYSTEM” Key

c) Expand the “CurrentControlSet” Key

d) Expand the “Control” Key

e) Expand the “Class” Key

f) Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:

{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
g) High light this key by left clicking once on it

h) On the right hand side you are looking for “Upperfilters” and “Lowerfilters”, once you find these please delete them by high lighting (left clicking on them once) and then right clicking on them and choosing “delete”

5) Restart your computer.

6) Your CD-ROMs should be back.