View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
I love that mixer, basically because it does pass the video through from all 3 input channels along with the audio.
I have a Balenger 32 channel Equalizer with the feedback eliminator built in and I do find that when we use it my overall volume is cut-down requiring the amp to be turned up more. Regardless of what feedback eliminator you use you will most likely have to reset it once in a while. They tend to cut down your overall audio and cuts down more as you go along.
Does your reciever for your wireless mikes have any sensitivity controls? If so try turning that down a bit and have your singers hold the mike closer to their mouth. I use the Voco Pro wireless sets and can control this. We have been able to eliminate all except when someone points the mike directly at a speaker from close range. Nothing will kill that except education of your singers.
Thanks for your response Dale.
It is really trying to teach people to use the mikes properly, a lot of new singers seem to get shy and as soon as they hear their self they hold it further away, then I try and increase the volume and get the screech. Then others like to dance about and walk right up to the speaker.

Yes the receiver does have sensitivity control, I think I will play around with that a bit more.