View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddams View Post
Acronis True Image is backup software published by Acronis Corp. This is fairly large company with headquarters in Burlington MA with offices in major cities of the world. The company specializes in storage management solutions from which True Image is one of the products.

Is not a bad program, in fact I think is very good and I find it by far easier to use than Norton Ghost when used properly. I like Symantec products however, they tend to be a bit bloated and power hungry.

Further, Acronis True Image was a PC Magazine Editor's Choice selection just a couple of months back

Jon
Hi Jon,

Got to agree with you in part as the older versions of Ghost were a bit cumbersome. I still use 2003 which was marketed until a year or two ago when Synmantic bought out another product and revised their platform. My understanding the Ghost currently being marketed is much leaner and meaner, including tha ability to restore individual files.. That's the Ghost purchasers today are getting. I think they market it to just XP and 2000, which considering O.S. support alone got rid of a lot of tonnage, as the 3000 version supported everything including 98.

Glad to see you back.

Take care,
George

Erectile dysfunction treatment