View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2002, 01:45 PM

2.315 Will Not Work!

Okay.... I am having many problems...
I use windows 2000, upgraded from 98. I purchased a Plextor 24/10/40A, which works fine, but I can not get Microstudio 2.315 to work. The typical blue screen and then reboot problem.
I have searched these threads exhaustively, and have tried every fix suggested! Despite all the success stories I've heard, nothing has worked for me.
I've checked and updated aspi drivers, and I've downloaded version 2.312 (for the recommended fix)... however, when I replace the .exe file with the 2.315 version.... blue screen and reboot. That brilliant fix didn't help.
So I resigned myself to using 2.312... but there's another problem... it will not recognize my Plextor!
In version 2.312, there is no option to use the default drive in the driver menu, and once again... I HAVE CHECKED AND DOWNLOADED THE RECOMMENDED ASPI DRIVERS!
It will recognize my drives if I have the audio cd format selected, but not when I select the Karaoke CD+G... which is the only one I really need!
I don't want to copy just the audio from my cdg's!!! duh!
I have been using clone cd, and it works fine with my plextor for straight copies of my karaoke discs... but I would like to be able to use microstudio, as I understand there are some more options available with it.
I did pay $50 for the program!
Once again, I have tried nearly everything I could find on this forum to fix the problem, and I'm at the end of my rope. I've also emailed mtu directly several times, but it seems like they get stuck and just quit emailing me! Somebody help! or I want my money back!