View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2005, 10:10 PM

Mixing Sounds

Some of the problem is the way the music is recorded. For instance Karaoke Disks especially ones that are multiplexed are recorded with the vocals either on the right side or left. They are not true stereo! In a lot of cases I have clientel telling me that they only hear the music coming from one side the other side is mostly the singer if I have it set up for stereo. Now I am not identifying the songs as multiplexed when I import them and it fools the program into thinking that the music is in the center. and it will come out of both speakers if I run two or Out of Mains/Monitors if I have it set up that way. I run mono mode when using mains/monitor setup to prevent less feedback. seems to be working I notice a real difference in the sound when using this technique of not identifying multiplexed disks. especially when the guide vocals aren't being used. I also run the sound into a super channel right/ left on one channel that combines both sides. This gives me way more control over it than just using the stereo input.

John