View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass
Lynda, I don't think he is going to kiss you for making him look like an A__ so to save face he tried to attack back. If you wanted to provide the proof to show how uninformed he really is I would say you could probably record a 5-10 second piece of a song and then remove the vocals to show it can be done.
No probably not! LOL But the fact that he is going around saying it can't be done just bothered me. Besides, I don't know if a 5 or 10 second clip would really be enough. Like I told him, I provided him with links and some information on the programs so if he wanted to really find out for himself, he could try it. But, I guess some people enjoy showing how little they know, so if that's his goal in life, he succeeded. LOL I let him know that it was now up to him to try these programs out and see for himself, and that I was not going to simply sit and fight with him about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass
As far as the legality, is it really legal to take a song from a copyrighted CD, strip the vocals, add the lyrics and create your own karaoke song without getting a release from the original producer?
I think it is legal, as long as you don't sell it or record with it. After all, IMO MTU wouldn't be promoting Vogone if it were, would they? (At least I don't think they would?)