Old April 19th, 2014, 11:52 AM

MicroStudio 4.30 and Toshiba AMD C655D Import Problem

Toshiba C655D Laptop
Processor: AMD C-50... 1ghz
Ram: 3gb (maybe 2gb)
Win7 64 Bit Home Premium with Svc Pack 1
AMD Radeon HD 6250 Video with 1mg L2 cache
Matshita(?) dvd/cd burner internal.

Problem: Import of cdg songs varies from half bad to real bad on the graphics. They may even freeze on screen after scrambling badly, and the audio may continue or not, etc.

Is there a shortcut to minimum computer equipment required for this version of MicroStudio 4.30? All I've seen is 'check your computer by trying the Demo', etc. And btw, the Demo has the same problems. I'm concerned that the 1.0ghz may be too 'slow', and the bare minumum 2.0 or 3.0 gig of ram may not be adequate, as well....

I've had and used MS since back in the 2.. versions. This is a friend's laptop and I'm trying to get him hooked up with his first of MTU's great products, etc. My thoughts are that this laptop just hasn't the capability to run this newest version of MStudio. Did install the 'Lame' file, and the '_smtu' or similar, files and got it to import tracks successfully, but with the problem/s noted above.

Some distance between the two of us so could take time to apply a solution, etc., just fyi. However, I'd appreciate any thoughts ya'll might have, etc. My last MS version was 4.24, and yesterday I upgraded to this new 4.30 on my Dell Win7 64 bit XPS I-5 quad core 6gb ram. I'll be playing with 4.30 on my laptop in the days ahead.

Thanks, people!

MemphisDave