View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2009, 05:58 PM

Exclamation Microstudio 4.2 reply

Dale the reason I am saying that 4.2 is the problem is for 2 reasons. First there are other posts in the forum about this problem which i just read and i now see that you already posted that there is a problem with 4.2 in these posts back in early may and 2nd because I installed 4.006 and it built the song list without any problems and i installed 4.006 after downloading vista service pack 2. So if 4.006 works with service pack 1 and 2 then there is something in the 4.2 code which is causing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmacjr View Post
i downloaded 4.200 and reuilt the database and it wouold only recognize about half of the songs i had in the database;. 4.006 would reuild all the database. is there a problem in the new updates??
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmacjr View Post
i used the wrong word i refreshed the list after installing 4.200. only half of the songs were present in the list. to give an example AH8002 has only one song on the list. in 4.006 all were present. i have about 29,500 in there and about 14,000 are missing. i use this same computer as a back up for hoster to run shows. I am not sure what happened but on my computer 4.006 worked better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgentrytx12 View Post
I just installed 4.20 and did a refresh because some of the songs I imported into Hoster yesterday didn't show up. When it refreshed it said that over 5000 out of 30,000 had errors. I have never had this problem until upgrade. Any Ideas? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgentrytx12 View Post
I have never had this problem until I upgraded to 4.20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
What I have found using a Hex Editor is that those files that Microstudio are rejecting apparently have errors in the header. It appears some information is missing. I will report this to Admin tomorrow morning and see what they can figure out.
I am afraid the solution is to re-import those files as that is the only way to correct them.
Faster solution is to edit the songs. On mine I fixed the genre (normally don't use or pay attention to this) and then applied the change. This resaves the file and header which fixes the problem.
There were some changes to the header added with the Hoster 4.0x versions and I think this is what Microstudio is looking for. As the ones I have this problem with were imported quite a while ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
MTU is looking into it. Part of the problem concerns the fact that they made some changes to the hearder for KMA files in Hoster after releasing this version of MS. Going back to a previous version isn't going to help that as you would have the same errors.
Rebuilding the Hoster database may show the same errors too as it appears the header files of those that error out are not right. The 19 that I had all had spaces in the header that should have had data instead. By editing the files in Hoster and changing the Genre, saving the change, then changing it back and saving agin I was able to quickly fix those files.
Are any of those 30,000 songs you have Audio only (DJ) files? If so they will not show in the "Karaoke Files" but will show in "Audio Files" instead.