View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:32 PM
VIP

Re: Karaoke with Laptop only???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
How would you know? Take up a poll, or put out a suggestion box?
I ask people all the time, what they like about the show or what they'd like to see changed. So far I get very little requests for change.

Quote:
Also, do you guys allow people to bring in their own disks if they want?
If so, do you have an actual karaoke player with a CD-Rom drive, or maybe an external CD-Rom drive if the one in your laptop won't do CD-G and/or MP3G ?
Just trying to figure out if it's a good idea to have an actual karaoke player on hand, or if I should focus solely on being able to play the occasional disk on the laptop.
Most definitely allow singers to bring in their own discs. Many more people buy their own since some of the retail box stores sell karaoke discs now days. Let them use what they are comfortable with. I have some that just bring in the instrumental only - no words.
I prefer using an external player over the one in the computer.

Quote:
I'm going to be all digital, but I wouldn't care of someone wanted to bring their own disk as long as it is a pressed disc not a CDR in an attempt to not violate any copyrights er anything.
I allow burned discs still. I know many that used to bring in their binders but showed them how to make a compilation disc of just the songs they want to sing. Also allow flashdrives.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB