View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2015, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Importing MP3+G steps?

Afraid it's not easy to give a one answer for all situations.
It depends how his files are organised and the way the files are named.
Some people just put their MP3+G files in one folder not sorted in any way others have them sorted in folders by brand others might also have them sorted by Brand and subfolders with Disc id.
Then it can depend how the files are named, they may have a Disc ID preceding the file name or at the end of the name or none at all, they may have title before artist or visa versa.
there are so many variables in file structure it's hard to give a one for all answer.
But the main thing to understand when importing via the Index Song files dialog is to get the field order correct.
And if the pre defined ones don't suit press the define field order button and make that match the files your trying to import in some cases entering the spacers from the keyboard rather than the predefined ones. eliminating spaces to match the original file name if possible.

If Disc Id is not important to him you can choose to ignore those fields and track # if you want. This often makes the importing easier but bear in mind once imported disc id can't be edited afterwards. I personally like all my Disc IDs correct but with the gradual decline in disc media for downloads it seems less important.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.