View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2004, 10:34 PM

Re: Audible Pop When Changing Key Up

I have installed Keyright on a second computer... and it produces the identical problem. How bizarre is that?

I've have read only one other post where someone complained of the audible pop at the beginning of a song which has had the key changed upwards, and I end up with the problem on two entirely different installations.

The two computers have very different CPU's (generations apart), hard drives, memory, video cards, etc. They are both, however, DELL computers and both came with the Creative SB Live! series soundcard.

A little more background. Although I am now running XP, the problem existed with 98SE. And, the problem also existed in the previous version of Keyright. For grins, I tried a different version of soundcard drivers on one of the pc's and it made no difference. Nor do any changes in dxdiag have any affect.

At this point the only thing common between the two installations appears to be the soundcard. For what it's worth, I believe the SB Live! cards that DELL installs are unique, i.e., not the same as retail version. I suspect that to be true because when I checked for updated drivers there was a warning that the drivers were *only* for card that came with the DELL.

The other individual that reported this audible pop problem may not see this update. I would love to know, however, if he by chance has a DELL also equipped with their version of SB Live! soundcard.

Short of replacing the soundcard, anyone have a comment or suggestion at this point? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

bernie