View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

I'm having the same problem trying to install either the 5.4. or the 5.5. Medit versions shipped to me recently with the latest Krystal board bought.

Also, you can't un-install Medit 5.4. once 5.5 was installed, because control panel calls them BOTH "5.4". Most of the README in both 5.4. and 5.5. applies to 5.4

I get the message each time "need a newer version of MTUMSND.VXD (or .386) and then "can't access Microsound device"

I tried this both with Win98SE as well as with Win ME (a clean install of it, not upgraded from Win98.)

Please tell me what to do-- it's useless as it stands now.

I also emailed Bryan to please send a fully patched version of
5.4 full, since all that was on the CD I got seems to be an upgrade version and has no help file or many other things.
But to date, no response.

I'd really like to get this working on either Win98SE or WinMe.

The computer in question is a Abit BE6-II m/board, Intel P3-500 CPU. After first trying to install Medit 5.4, you click on the Medit icon and the opening screen starts to display very briefly and then vanishes.

The setup/test utility in both the 5.4. and also 5.5 versions sent with the board do nothing-- the tests will not run at all.
The MTST301 and 301D programs do run and report no problems.
They install find the Krystal.

The Krystal itself is known good, since I swapped it into another machine which has one (Win98SE, Medit 54) and it works fine.

I must be missing something here. Please give me some help.

In the machine's BIOS, I reserved IRQ 9 for the Krystal and a check of Control Panel indicates nothing else seems to be trying to use that IRQ. The slot it's installed it was also verified as the only one on this m/board that can have an exclusive IRQ for it, the other PCI slots share IRQs with either the AGP or on-board contollers, etc.

Thx,

Rich