View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2003, 07:35 PM

Talking Oops it's a player

I stand corrected on Keyrites playing abilities.

Motivated by George's observation I made some tests:

Keyrite cleanly plays unaltered wave and cdg files

Keyrite cleanly previews how a wave or cdg file will sound if altered.

Keyrite does not exhibit the clipping problem that microstudio and kpro do when they play music.

Keyrite does not track the seconds of the song.

Keyrite does not have a toggle that allows you to randomly jump to a different part of the song; one has to listen to the whole song all the way through if one wants to hear just the ending. You can't listen to the same section over and over etc.

Keyrite has no pause option

Keyrite will not allow a listener to create a playlist, necesitating choosing the files one at a time for listening. (So it would be very bothersome to listen to music while cleaning your room, etc.)

My conclusions:

The Playback feature is much cleaner then I remembered (or than in previous versions). I grew accostumed to ignoring it and using my other programs. Good job guys!!!

Since I have Microstudio, I don't suppose that I will ever test my cdg files by listening to them in Keyrite. (Except I'm intrigued that there is no clipping in Keyrite)

Since I have other Wave file, Mp3, WMA players that allow me to jump around, pause, repeat sections, create playlists, etc., I don't suppose I will ever use Keyrite just to play wave files.

The Playback feature certainly satisfies it's needs for Keyrite and then some.

With other options for listening easily available, well, fill in the blank on whether it should be one's "player".

Last edited by jahern; April 29th, 2003 at 11:08 AM.