View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2010, 09:17 AM

Sound Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Part of the damages that Sound Chioce is asking for (if they go to court and find someone guilty) is that their equipment be seized. That means the individual will be out of business and won't need to buy disks unless they plan on starting over after paying all the damages, fines, legal fees, etc. Not really very likely.
If one went to court as i understand it, they have been accused, but no inspection of equipment has been performed or seized, What stops the accused "pirate" of cleaning up his system, or disposing of the evidence, I.E., complete hard drive, failure, fire, theft, etc., leaving no evidence for the court to see. Seem proof of illegal use would be hard to prove. As i understand it, only one's word of SC's field agent is used, no other evidence have i seen noted. One could "borrow" a few disc from a good friend, load a hard drive and presto, he is ready for court, being sure to have a couple of SC disc included.
I have paid for every disc i own, but have no receipts, didn't know years ago that i would need that little piece of paper to prove anything, and i bet you all didn't either!!!!
muzicman144