View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2006, 09:01 AM

Question Song Track is off key flat

When I first got the Hoster demo I hot footed down to Wal-Mart to get a CD+G so I could run the demo. The CD I bought included a track of the old country standard "If you've got the money, I've got the time".

As far as I can tell, all the other tracks that I chose to import to the hard disk work fine.

This track is about a third of a half step (how many cents is that) flat of standard pitch. If you set it to play one half step sharp it is too sharp. There is no way to use it other than re-tuning the guitar to the track, which I have done just for giggles to see if I could find the tuning. Using it that way is unacceptable.

So from the perspective of a new Hoster user, is it common to find tracks that are recorded off key relative to standard pitch or did I discover the only one.

I've deleted the track and am going to try to re import it; but, digital is digital and I don't see why it would work the second time around, but I'm going to try anyway.

The world is probably better off not hearing me sing that old song anyway. Any ideas?

Ron