View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:50 PM

The Economy

Again, I think this downturn of economics is not necessarily a bad thing for this business. First, it weeds out the "pretenders", helps "some" of the talent buyers realize it takes a first class product to lure enough customers to "make" it. I'm willing to bet there isn't anyone in this business, that is a true talented entertainer, that's really worried about going out of business. I haven't advertised for twenty years, only got a business card two or three years ago, and don't solicit work. Business is good and picking up. I play from Va-Florida. I don't give out what i make, but it is above the average i hear mentioned on this forum. I have seen this business change from playing only Wednesday and maybe a thursday (live bands played on fri-sat) for peanuts, to playing five -six nights a week. I believe the live 5 piece bands will suffer along with the lesser talented KJ/DJ. For the pro's out there, hold steady with your prices, as you draw the crowds. For the lesser talented, learn this trade, get the right equipment and compete on a " professional" level.
Hope i haven't insulted anyone, as, as this is one entertainer's view only.
muzicman