View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2003, 03:24 PM
Administrator

General comments

I am very sorry you have had a bad experience with installing KPro.

We had to respond to over 1,000 free upgrades for KPro, including yours. I am the one who decided to make this a free upgrade, and I regret it. Never again... no more free upgrades!

Every software product today that is worth anything to the developers is protected because of the INSTANT theft that occurs on the Internet. KJZone is correct, we chose to use the MACID in your Network card or port, instead of a plug-in dongle that would require us to ship the product instead of offer free internet download. Out of the 1,000+ who got the upgrade, very few did not have a network card or port. We chose a valid direction, even though you were in that small group that is having problems. Thus, we will help you solve your problem.

If you go to our web site and click the Support link, or read the email with the download instructions to get your free KPro, you will see we are very clear that our Forums are the first line of support. If you had pushed extension 204 for support, you would have heard a message that we do NOT return support calls. That is our support policy, stated clearly everywhere.

Now, you will get an answer in the Forums when you give us the information needed, which will have to be diagnosed to solve your unique problem. From what you say so far, it does appear that you ran the MTUID.exe program and selected your prior network card. Thus, the serial number will only work when that card is installed in your computer. There is a very remote chance that the MACID code you sent to our web site may have generated a bad Serial Number... that would be a bug in the code generator.

If you have switched your Network cards after you sent us the MACID, then you need to email dougd@mtu.com with the MACID from your current card that is installed in your computer. We will send you a new Serial Number.

I am truly sorry you have had problems. I also absolutely hate that MTU is forced to waste so much of our and your time with this security protection. We used to be able to trust people, but that is not the case any more. It is a fact of life that we all must get use to. I can report we have just spent over $10,000 to upgrade our security codes and installation software to make this process much easier for KPro 4.1. However, you still need a network card.

If you can post back here if you swapped network cards, then we will know that was the problem and be looking for you new MACID code.

When you get the new code, you must uninstall your existing KPro and reinstall it with the new Serial Number and the new Network card installed.