View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2007, 03:40 PM

Yes, all Windows updates have been installed.

And I'm glad you mistakingly asked about the version of Hoster I was testing. Although it was Microstudio I was testing (demo ver 3.004) I decided to downloaded and install the latest demo version of Hoster to see if it provided any additional clues. Well, low and behold, Hoster has no problems with that drive (D:MATSHITA UJDA330 1.05).

I went back and retested Microstudio and duplicated the original findings. It recognizes the disc, lists all the tracks but the lyrics screen opens and then immediately closes when I try to play a track added to the Play List.

There is a second drive in this laptop which Microstudio reports Yes for Read, No for Write. It's identified as TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2502 1D13. For test purposes I made this the default drive and the results were identical (disc recognized but lyrics screen immediately closes and the import feature produces a 0 byte file).

If nothing else, the last set of tests rules out the problem being unique to the Matshita drive. Behavior was identical with the Toshiba drive.

However, one observation that may be significant. In Hoster the drives are identified with their assigned drive letter. In Microstudio they are not. In Microstudio the Drive Label for both is the @ symbol.

@: MATSHITA UJDA330 1.05
@: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SC-C2502 1D13

In summary, Hoster has no problem with either drive, Microstudio does. Is there a clue in here anywhere?