View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDavidOgle
Yes - Please tell us how you solved this. I've tried all 3 options in the FAQ page, but Microstudio still will not find my PX-760A as a CDG drive.
I too had this problem and solved it myself. A fresh build of a system with new copy of XP installed. I installed other software first, including Winamp and Ashampoo's CD copying software among few others. Finally installed the Hoster and the PX-760A went missing. I went and installed two of three versions of the ASPI drivers, third on link was broken, and it did not solve the problem.

Reformatted the drive and reinstalled the OS and did the same install and bam, after the Hoster, the drive went missing again. I checked the hardware monitor and it said the driver was missing or corrupt. I tried to reinstall drives via auto detection did not yield any new drivers. None of the ASPI methods worked. I looked around the registry and didn't find anything that would indicate problems either (I am not an expert in registry, I can look and see if something doesn't make sense but I can't fix anything there).

I fixed the problem by reinstalling the other software after the Hoster problem. This was not easy since the CD/DVD player did not work. I had to download them and transfer them to the machine using the network. Once I reinstalled the other software, it mysteriously worked.

It may be something to do with ASPI driver Hoster is installing, if it's installing it that is, not being compatible with the Plextor drive. By installing other software may have restored the right driver and/or registry values and fixed it.

Just a thought.