View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2002, 02:31 AM

Smile Singer Rotation

As stated a few times here, rotaton is very important. Every singer has to feel like they are treated well.

I've been doing shows for about 4 years now. I use a large white board. They are not expensive, so I leave them at my gigs. Each singer puts their name on the board, and the number of the song they want to sing. When they sing their song, I erase the number, but not the name. Every one can see at a glance where I am on the list, and know when their turn is... this leaves time for going outside for a smoke or what ever. I'm not suspect to playing favorites. I sing the first song at the top of the list as a marker. If someone doesn't get a new song number on the board by the time their next turn comes, I skip them... they wait till the next round. I've had many people tell me that they like this system.

I've tried a lot of systems, and this has been the best (for me) in keeping track of my singers... I also work alone, and without having to track individual pieces of paper, I have more time to work the audience.

Keep having fun singing,

Wayne Ray - Tunes for your times Karaoke