View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:49 PM
snaffu

Smile A little advice needed

Hi, Name is Phil, not Snaffu....

I am a newbie on this site. I am also a newbie to Hoster but I am finding it real pleasant to play and learn with.

I would like to just mention my progress at loading songs and maybe someone will tell me if I am on the right track. So far it seems so simple that I must be doing it all wrong... Loading the songs is long and tiring though. I am working on a desktop Unit. Later I am going to get a lap-top.

Here we go..on the Hoster screen I went to the Import track pull down and selected import CD tracks.
This took me to the import track screen and I selected the brand and then the disc ID.
Then I selected "Add tracks using DataBase".
farther down I clicked the "select all" button followed by "next" for the "book ID" Then I clicked on "import selected tracks"

Then I waited as it read the tracks into this directory:
C:\program files\Micro technology unlimited\hoster\songs\

Looking into this directory, I find all my songs. In Hoster, I am able to select them and play them. Wow, what a program...

What I want to do now is get an external drive and put all these songs on it. Is this the right thing to do. Then later, when I get a Lap-top, I want to load all the songs from the external hard drive to the laptop.

How about a database? I am not computer savvy. what is the purpose of the data -base? Is it for the songbook? I can play the songs from the system as I have it now. They are all in their numerical orders. Will I destroy anything or should I ask what precautions should I be taking at this point when I start working with the database?

So from Central Illinois, I say thank you,
Phil