View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddybrubeck View Post
Just received a brand new Plextor 760a as stated in my last entry, I updated the firmware from the Plextor site to v1.06 and then started Microstudio Demo (which is on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop), Microstudio Demo detected the 760 as karaoke compatible, I uploaded a Sunfly disc to check it out, the result was exactly the same as my first entry above and Bernie's starting entry at the begining of this thread.

I then hooked the 760 to my desktop and started Microstudio v2.605, that did not even detect the 760 as karaoke compatible, anybody any idea what's going on here please?
For one Microstudio version V2.605 was before the 760 came out, so no it doesn't support it.

MTU previously used an outside vendor's coding to configure and work with CD drives, which was drive specific meaning there had to be coding for each model. The vendor was very slow at updating the code and making corrections.
As has been noted Hoster 3.314 does work with many more drives. The reason is MTU dumped the vendor's code and wrote their own to work with all drives that support MMC input/output (newer drives) and are capable of reading CD+G (not all drives will do that).
Microstudio has not been upgraded yet to the new drive code. This is why some drives will work with Hoster and not with Microstudio. I have a Plextor 760 but it is on my show computer which doesn't have Microstudio on it so I am not sure why it isn't working. Maybe some of the other guys who have one can check on that.