View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2007, 04:41 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
I believe Lonman has lost the real point here. The question is if one "had" to go back to disc. I believe most who use hoster and certainly all who "entertain" realize the importance of having a backup plan when something fails. I, and i believe most hoster users also do, have a backup computer. The cost factor for the backup computer versus having a cd player for backup is not out of line when you factor in the advantages. Many hoster users don't even own a karaoke player anymore as there is no need. I don't have one anymore and don't intend on buying one. Lonman's only choice as he states it is to go back to a disc player and using the disc. Many Hoster users do not have the need or have the equipment to use disc the "ole fashioned way" nor have they ever done it that way.
I didn't LOSE anything, I was answering the question which was "Basically, If somehing happened to your computer or software, and if you were down to a choice between lugging all your CDG's in and setting up your old karaoke machine to do the gig, or cancelling the gig,
would you show up without Hoster?
And Bryant even reiterated THAT was what he meant. Not talking about backup computers or anything else.

Quote:
A decision to cancel a show for a legitimate reason certainly doesn't give all Kj's a "bad name".
Because you no longer have the convenience is not a legitimate excuse to me! I take karaoke pretty serious - it IS my job. If I had to run a show with my discs again, I would, I wouldn't do that to the club nor my customers - Oh sorry guys, yes I have means to plays the show, however i choose not to because it's TOO MUCH WORK! Which is what you are making it seem like.
Whatever!

Quote:
As for the reference to "maybe" not owning the disc as a reason to cancel, you queston another's integrity without basis. I would suggest to you that maybe you are out of line to make such a general statement that questions the hoster user's professional judgement call on whether to cancel or not.

Muzicman144
As for bringing up the possibly not owning the discs, I didn't bring it up first - I responded to it, but it would certainly be possible. I saw a thread started by someone recently that pointed in that direction that since she went to Hoster and lost her files, she indicated that she no longer has the source material to reimport - didn't outright say it, but that was the indication & she hasn't been back for response since it was pointed out to her that without the original discs she is running illegally - so YES it IS possible that people got rid of their discs which would make them automatically illegal at that point anyway!

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB