View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Re: Plextor px-504UF

Quote:
Originally posted by Audio X-Press
I saw in another thread that by a MTU moderator that said that the only Plextor dive that wouldn't work was the Plextor pxw504. So I am wondering if the Plextor PX-504UF or Plextor PX-504A will work for ripping and burnig CD+G's & MP3+G's.

Also, I noticed that CAVS makes a MP3+G disc that they said can only be played on a CAVS MP3 player. However, that seems to be a little bit of a marketing ploy considereing that the player is $600.00. Does anybody know if the MTU software and supported drives work with MP3+G's?

Replies are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Audio X-Press
MP3+G is a combination of 2 files: a .mp3 that is the audio only, and a .cdg that is the graphic/lyric rw code only. This is not a standard DISC format. Thus, there is no drive the can read/write these as a CDG type format. Any drive can write them as a CDROM data disc. Hope this helps.

Cavs uses a proprietary MPG format. It is a derrivative of the MP3+G, but it is not directly the same to our knowledge. That... is why they sell the drive so expensively. Its sort of the reverse of giving away the handle to sell the razor blades.

MTU CDR/DVDR drives are certified to read/write the CDG disc format. They also can read/write any other format, but again... MP3+G is NOT a disc format like the CD+Graphics disc. Hope this helps.