View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2009, 06:30 PM

I play smaller venues and on a good night the Karaoke rotation will be 20 folks in a bar of 80 people so I do play some dj request figuring only 25% have come to sing, and 75% are there for whatever. If I get the ladies to dance between each rotation they dance more during the karaoke also. So dj is a win win with me. Far as a method I have been using WMP, but they have failed me a couple of times and recently aquired MediaMonkey this little program is a DJs low budget dream. Process wise it uses way less than the WMP which if I could get rid of from my Vistas I would and not look back. If the new version of Hoster (I am planning on next week) works as well as mediamonkey it will go by the wayside. In my music directory a simple click and drag puts it in play. Or I can choose multiples very easy and place them in the stack. Far as fading, in mediamonkey it is adjustable. Time between songs is adjustable from zero which is my preferred setting. I have all faders in storage. "Dead air space is my enemy"